Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Evil Puppy

Good thoughts BR.

I personally have no problem with any thread as long as it doesn't turn into a chatroom with three people involved. You want to make a "What brand of shoes do you wear?" thread or a "Bob Marley Zombie Vs. Jim Morrison Zombie" thread who cares? As long as it stays, for the most part, on topic. When the topic is through we don't need more posts with love notes or talking about how your wife is nor do we need to know how drunk you are. I've made trite personal attacks in threads and I didn't need to, it just gets frustrating sometimes after making attempts in a civil manner. I've always tried to be a helpful, contributing member and it was either lash out or leave like everybody else. I chose the immature route.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Dripping of Brain Matter

I will admit I am somewhat guilty of what BR is saying. I for the most part try to stay on topic and try to avoid the really mentally stunted threads. I lapse at times and have gone into them. In all honesty, I come here to talk about horror movies. Good post BR
Old 03-28-2007, 08:21 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I hasten to point out, really, by the way, that the reason a thread is CALLED a thread is that, to a degree, it GOES off-topic. It's a continuous exchange of thoughts that you can follow...sort of. May I suggest that every topic can have a degree of rigidity and a degree of flexibility, all in the name of fun.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrayne View Post
I know what you mean...But, without an IP ban, we have to tolerate more than we should...Yes, I am aware that we can ban the same people over and over again...But, that causes MORE of an uproar, more threads about persecution, more animosity between members...

You wont hear any complaints from me.

Not anymore...
Old 03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Why? This is annoying for me and I'm sure alot of you.

Everytime I log on here I check this forum and the modern horror one. Thereis not a single thread that looks interesting to me and on the odd occasion it is, i find it's had 5 or 6 pages already filled so I take a look and it' s a personal conversation between two or three people about pastrami or something.

Lately I have been coming on here less and less and although I'm not gonna have a big "I'm leaving, I've had enough" thread. Please, I just want some interesting conversation. One that the thread isnt talking to one person so other people have nothing to say thread. I'm getting sick of it. I know I was one of those random people but even I've had enough now.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Evil Dead

If you can't find a thing to talk about on the modern horror thread, do you really belong here?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Everytime I log on here I check this forum and the modern horror one. Thereis not a single thread that looks interesting to me and on the odd occasion it is, i find it's had 5 or 6 pages already filled so I take a look and it' s a personal conversation between two or three people about pastrami or something.

Lately I have been coming on here less and less and although I'm not gonna have a big "I'm leaving, I've had enough" thread. Please, I just want some interesting conversation. One that the thread isnt talking to one person so other people have nothing to say thread. I'm getting sick of it. I know I was one of those random people but even I've had enough now.
I agree 100%. I can sift through the many uninteresting threads, but I have less patience for the constant off topic comments within the few interesting threads. Rather than leaving (which I've been considering too), I think I'm going to try expanding my ignore list significantly and see how that works.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post

i spend most of my time in the movie discussion areas as thats what i'm interested in. i don't really know if my threads are rubbish but i try to use them to get needed info or to promote interesting debate. the problem is that its hard to discuss movies with tumble weeds, coyote howls and the faint distant chime of a church bell. in the general area, or the trenches as i like to call it, there has always been inane chit chat. albeit, fun and sometimes hilarious inane chit chat. you should, in my opinion, start what you deem to be interesting threads and tolerate the ones that appear chatroomy. but i don't think you should leave as i like reading your contributions. take this thread for instance. it has substance and has already provoked debate.:cool:
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-30-2007, 09:51 AM
dead delilah

Send a message via AIM to novadawn969 Send a message via MSN to novadawn969 Send a message via Yahoo to novadawn969
Don't despair, there are a few intelegent life forms here... Listen to Crapapple. It's just a hard time right now. Even I just look around and only post when the need occurs. I love the people on HDC too lmuch to leave. It tears me apart to be away for too long. Even you little ferretchild... I wish my little twit of a brother was like you. We'd miss you to some extent if you did decide to leave.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Ninja Pirate..Hiiiyamatey

For all the shit he's taking, Ferretchucker has a point. There's a goodly number of people on here that haven't reached the maturity of a 10 year old and feel it's necessary to go into every thread where someone they don't like has posted and post inane, ridiculous garbage about how the other person only posts inane, riduculous garbage. Yep, I'm new. Yep, I realize you don't really give a shit. If half the people here would just ignore the stuff that gets posted specifically to irritate them, it would stop entirely. It's glaringly apparent there are a bunch of attention whores who just post stuff in hopes of getting a rise out of people. If you'd stop giving it to them, they would go away. Sure, they'd start 10 or so more threads about their martyrdom and apologize, confess, and otherwise make asses of themselves, but if no one responded, let the threads drift unresponded to page 4, and just pretended they didn't exist, eventually they would move on to more fertile trolling grounds. Why let them chase you off of the boards?

Abraham Lincoln