Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Events & Happenings
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Hellraiser

35mm SON OF GODZILLA Screening in NH - 7/31/10

Hey gang,

I just wanted to let folks know that we at SATURDAY FRIGHT SPECIAL (NH's first home-grown horror host show) have once again teamed up with the historic Colonial Theatre in Keene, NH to present the fourth Colonial Theatre Spooktacular,
featuring a 35mm screening of Toho's 1967 monster melee SON OF GODZILLA on Saturday, July 31st at 2PM.

Preceding the feature will be vintage 35mm monster movie trailers, snack bar ads, a cartoon and more, as well as live appearances on stage by the costumed cast of SATURDAY FRIGHT SPECIAL. Horror comics icon S.R. Bissette will be donating
an original Godzilla sketch and will be debuting a new comic for us to give away at the event, among other monster-riffic prizes.

Not only will this special matinee screening be held at approximately the same day and time that many 70s Monster Kids were first introduced to Godzilla films (be it on TV or at a kiddie matinee), but it also gives fans the chance to do something they
never could back in '67...see this film in a theater, as it was released directly to TV in the US.

We're hoping to give folks a good 'ol fun-time kiddie matinee with some giant monster action, just like the old days!

Tickets are $10, and will be available at the door.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.thecolonial.org

http://www.saturdayfrightspecial.com

http://saturdayfrightspecial.blogspot.com

Last edited by CaptainChaos; 06-12-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Aw yeeeeeah !

If I was local to the vicinity of this show, oh yes I would totally go and see this. I love that movie!

Friend....gooooood!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Hellraiser

I just found out that Keene will also be hosting its annual downtown classic car show the day of the Spooktacular, so anyone coming to see the big G should make sure to arrive early to drool over the shiny retro-mobiles lining both sides of Main Street. The classic car viewing usually starts early (around 9 or 10am), and is free for all. This is an event I look forward to every year, and am thrilled that it's something that Spooktacular attendees can also dig while they're waiting for monster-stompin' action!