Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Little Boo

looking to do soundtrack work

Hello all

I have always been a big horror fan since I was a kid. I saw the Shining when I was 7 and ever since, obsessed.

My other obsession has always been music. Lately, the two have been merging.

I am looking to work with a film in production (indie, zero budget, fully backed big studio, LOL whatever) by providing soundtrack.

I'd say I am big on creep factor and ambiance and feel that soundtrack often sets the stage for the anticipation that goes with the visuals and story development. It'd be really fun for me to score a horror short and so, here I am, offering my services.

Over 25 years in music production and playing experience with a vast interest in all things "sound". I have some interesting ideas about utilizing things like infrasound and beat-frequencies to add extra creep to someone's terrible vision. I have posted a few samples below.

Negative Elements: This track utilizes sub frequency beat entrainment and arrhythmia to put the listener "off balance" and create tension. Mostly atmospheric and not necessarily "musical" (even though there isn't a lick of foley in it). You MUST use a subwoofer or high quality over the ear headphones to get the full effects.

https://soundcloud.com/phantom-signa...ements-phantom

Dark Heart: This track uses the heat beat as a means of entrainment. This one is more musical and I see it as an "opening credits" type of track. Draws on both the original Carpenter music from Halloween, Ligeti's "Lontano" from the Shining, and later anonymous (to me anyway) works from atmospheric horror.

https://soundcloud.com/phantom-signa...phantom-signal

If anyone is interested, hit me back :D

--Rocky

Last edited by PhantomSignal; 01-05-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Horror Fan

These are some good tracks that I would play as background music when I have guests over and announce the evening's "festivities." Dark Heart might be sped up to make it a more House/rave track.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Little Boo

Thanks for the listen, good sir!

Please feel free to share at parties :D
Old 03-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Catalyst Series

These are really good!

Check out my teaser trailer for the suspense/horror/thriller web series I am creating. Let me know if you'd be interested in working together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZrQfTVv7FE

Facebook.com/catalystwebshow
Old 03-23-2015, 06:08 PM
Living Dead

good work, sounds good mate.