Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Hellbound had a bunch of problems with editing and there are a few scenes that really don't work at all. Tony Randel talks about some of the issues and problems he had making Hellbound in the directors commentary if I remember right.

That said, if you can get passed that, its really a great movie and lots of fun. Kenneth Cranham as Channard is awesome and there are plenty of cool concepts thrown in there and lots of nice ideas with some great sfx to back it all up. The climax is pretty badass too. It doesn't capture the same sadomasochistic tone or grim atmosphere as the first movie, but its still a good flick.
The climax was really disappointing. Pinhead and the others were wiped out way too easily and quickly for a good and interesting fight. And I don't really like forgiving some flaws, I suppose, just because the director had issues.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:19 AM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
The climax was really disappointing. Pinhead and the others were wiped out way too easily and quickly for a good and interesting fight. And I don't really like forgiving some flaws, I suppose, just because the director had issues.
Its not really about forgiving the flaws, it has tons of flaws, but that doesn't stop it being an awesome movie.... But whatever, each to their own and all that.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Extreme in Everything

The first was the best.

I forget which one it is that sucked, but it was the one about that detective that lost his wife in the car accident.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 120DaysofSodom View Post
The first was the best.

I forget which one it is that sucked, but it was the one about that detective that lost his wife in the car accident.
I believe that's either Inferno or Hellseeker.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Extreme in Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I believe that's either Inferno or Hellseeker.
Whichever it was, it was a huge bore and had not one cenobite in the whole film.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Little Boo

Hellraiser I was definitely the best for me personally but i really like the whole franchise...

http://www.wickedhorror.com/top-horr...ut-hellraiser/

Scream one was also the best of that franchise.. they started to go about ott (funny considering my love for hellraiser that i find scream to be ott) and the greatness from the first got lost on many of the others...

I actually watched Hellraiser again last week and it is one of the classics that withstand the test of time 100%
Old 01-20-2015, 03:55 AM
That fucking Guy...

Probably the second one. Not sure why I think that though, it's been ages.
I've only seen the first one of the un-numbered sequels though, the one on the space station. Kind of interesting in ways, but not great.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Immortal horror fan

The original movie after watching almost all of them this past Halloween.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 AM
CHILD OF DARKNESS

what an excellent question.... personally i liked the first one (a stickler for the first one of everything) but bloodline added an interesting twist that caught me too. so kinda torn between them.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 PM
Evil Dead

Seen them all up to Hellseeker and thus far like the original the best. I have a feeling that won't change.