Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-19-2005, 07:25 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by Vempire
cook1e, don't take things so personal here. When doing a search for "horror," you are usually directed here and it is unfortunate. This place is really not at all a horror forum, more of a high school pep rally where about 65% of the spectators watch a little horror.
The administrator doesn't seem to care about the message board, and a band of, what I would dare to call, unqualified moderators run this place. Some are nice, but many aren't. And it seems they don't care about new members since they allow them to be verbally abused by the other members. Any other forum would ban such members who engage in these hostile remarks and flaming, but this board seems to thrive on it, directing its attention away from horror movies and more into an e-club of self-righteous membership. All other horror forums don't even acknowledge this place, and that is too bad.
Personally, I enjoy the news section.
Pep rally. Right. Because we're all so cheery and supportive of each other and our...school? Is the board the school?

Correct, neither administrator seems to care about the board. And the moderators varry in qualification depending on who you ask. Though "any other" forum isn't entirely accurate, as most forums are full of people insulting one another. Which is strange, because people don't usually insult others over the internet.

And as for the lack of talking about horror, whatever. When there is horror to talk about, I usually participate. Although, there's pretty much this and one or two other folders where talking about horror is scarce, the other one being the new member folder. And even then, there's a relatively decent amount of horror being talked about. Just that people seem to get the wacky idea that this particular folder is some kind of general folder. I know, I know, it's dumb, but somehow they got the idea, and who am I to dissuade them?

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 03-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

reading a few posts up wore off my buzz.:(
Old 03-19-2005, 07:31 PM
The Emperor of America

Quote:
Originally posted by cook1e
leonardo' da vinci.....and the search for the holy bloodline (or grail as you may know it)

Yeah, not too many Arians around here. Though why you'd want to come to a horror board to talk about that when there's probably plenty of Da Vinci Code boards and chat rooms you could go to is beyond me. Kinda gives off the impression that you're just trying to make yourself sound smarter than you probably are.

===

Old 03-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

especially posting around here. :(
Old 03-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
Pep rally. Right. Because we're all so cheery and supportive of each other and our...school? Is the board the school?

Correct, neither administrator seems to care about the board. And the moderators varry in qualification depending on who you ask. Though "any other" forum isn't entirely accurate, as most forums are full of people insulting one another. Which is strange, because people don't usually insult others over the internet.

And as for the lack of talking about horror, whatever. When there is horror to talk about, I usually participate. Although, there's pretty much this and one or two other folders where talking about horror is scarce, the other one being the new member folder. And even then, there's a relatively decent amount of horror being talked about. Just that people seem to get the wacky idea that this particular folder is some kind of general folder. I know, I know, it's dumb, but somehow they got the idea, and who am I to dissuade them?
Show me where I pointed you, The STE, out. I was just stating a case to cook1e that this is not a real horror forum. Your sarcasm is noted and very original. And you probably are the type that gets off on knowing I am wasting 10 minutes of my time posting a reply to you. I don't want to get into a little flame war with you. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.
And the most forums you spoke of that have members bashing each other is false. Maybe some fly by night spin-off, riding on the coat tails of another forum forum may tolerate this sort of behavior, but the ones I frequent don't. If you want to be critical with everything, fine. I don't care. I just find it so common place you elect to flex your e-muscles on a Internet horror forum.
So cool. So cool.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Hellraiser

because maybe you knew the answer to which i did not!
i searched the web for the title.....omen mainly came up with jerry goldsmith and as i know now it is not him!

i was trying to download the song, now i have it of morpheus.
but even still your attitude was completley wrong.
I found it offensive!

i can only gather you are trying to play the cock of your school!
now i will however forget the incident. i only ask for a truce.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

do you hate it when "they" always have a reply :(
Old 03-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Hellraiser

that depends...who are you talking about?
Old 03-19-2005, 07:41 PM
The Emperor of America

Quote:
Originally posted by Vempire
Show me where I pointed you, The STE, out. I was just stating a case to cook1e that this is not a real horror forum. Your sarcasm is noted and very original. And you probably are the type that gets off on knowing I am wasting 10 minutes of my time posting a reply to you. I don't want to get into a little flame war with you. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.
And the most forums you spoke of that have members bashing each other is false. Maybe some fly by night spin-off, riding on the coat tails of another forum forum may tolerate this sort of behavior, but the ones I frequent don't. If you want to be critical with everything, fine. I don't care. I just find it so common place you elect to flex your e-muscles on a Internet horror forum.
So cool. So cool.
No, this is a real horror forum. It's just not a very good one. And I never said you pointed me out. Show me where I said that you, Vempire, pointed me out. I'm not the type that gets off knowing that you take 10 minutes of your time to reply, though I do find it funny that it took you 10 minutes to type all that.

As for fly-by-night, the forums I frequent have been around in one form or another (one has switched servers more than once) for years. Granted, they're wrestling boards at heart, but the point remains valid. So, it basically comes down to the fact that you tend to frequent boards where there is little or no member bashing...er...where there is little or no...fuck it, moving on.

And where exactly do you suggest that I flex my e-muscles?

===

Old 03-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by cook1e
that depends...who are you talking about?
He's talking to the STE. Its an ass-kissing attempt.