Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Toys & Props

Old 10-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Friday the 13th (2009) Jason Voorhees Mezco Vs. NECA

Alright, for you board members who may also be collectors. Here's a little debate about two Jason Voorhees figures from the 2009 reboot of "Friday the 13th"

Mezco's Jason Voorhees (Comes with Machete, Axe, Pick Axe):

and NECA's 7inch Jason Voorhees from the exact same movie (with interchangeable heads + Machete)

I like them both, alot. but I'm a little more fond with NECA's Jason Voorhees, it's the packaging format, Changeable heads, the detail of the figure, sculpt, etc. That's like NECA's Halloween (2007) and Mezco's Halloween II (2009), I really liked Mezco's version of Michael Myers.

So what are your thoughts collectors?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned

A true collector would get them both. ;)

but I would go with the NECA version
Old 10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Midnight Toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
A true collector would get them both. ;)

but I would go with the NECA version
Exactly! I mean, I just bought my NECA version of Jason from 2009's reboot of the franchise, yesterday, I already bought the Mezco version of the Jason figure I think in late 2008 or in early 2009 when the reboot had just been released. They are both excellent figures.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Little Boo

lol.. man.. i signed up for an acct here just to post in this thread. Great topic.

I bought the Neca Jason figure a few weeks ago. and I'm not even a fan of the films. LOL.... i went to this shop to buy these Alien... and also Predator figures (not avp), and saw this Jason figure sitting there... and it looked so good I just had to buy it. When i got home and took it out of the package... it just blew me away... this is by far the best looking jason mask I have ever seen... it looks almost just like a full scale movie replica mask shrunk into a 6 inch scale.

I've seen the Mezco one in stores.. and the Neca one just blows it away completely...it's not even close.

The mezco jason could have just been a rare screw up. Cause sometimes Mezco does pretty decent in their Mike Myers and Leatherface stuff.

On a side note... I'm thinking of maybe getting a Neca Hall of Fame Mike Myers figure.. the one with the sheet..... do you guys think the Neca one is the best looking one? how do yo uthink the mezco one compares? I want one from Halloween 1.

Cheers guys.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Midnight Toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric923 View Post
lol.. man.. i signed up for an acct here just to post in this thread. Great topic.

I bought the Neca Jason figure a few weeks ago. and I'm not even a fan of the films. LOL.... i went to this shop to buy these Alien... and also Predator figures (not avp), and saw this Jason figure sitting there... and it looked so good I just had to buy it. When i got home and took it out of the package... it just blew me away... this is by far the best looking jason mask I have ever seen... it looks almost just like a full scale movie replica mask shrunk into a 6 inch scale.

I've seen the Mezco one in stores.. and the Neca one just blows it away completely...it's not even close.

The mezco jason could have just been a rare screw up. Cause sometimes Mezco does pretty decent in their Mike Myers and Leatherface stuff.

On a side note... I'm thinking of maybe getting a Neca Hall of Fame Mike Myers figure.. the one with the sheet..... do you guys think the Neca one is the best looking one? how do yo uthink the mezco one compares? I want one from Halloween 1.

Cheers guys.
Wow sorry for the late response.
I would love to own a NECA hall of fame Michael Myers figure from the original John Carpenter Halloween movie (1978), unfortunately the only figures I own are the Rob Zombie remake icon Michael Myers figure from NECA (2007) And the Mezco Halloween II (2009) figure, which I tend to like better, the detail is incredible as is the blood effects on the coveralls.