Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-07-2015, 02:31 AM
Little Boo

Der König der Kannibalen - Cannibal Messiah

Who needs "The Green Inferno" when you got No Budged Horror from Germany?

To be released in the near future. Here's the final Trailer:

Der König der Kannibalen - Trailer (X-RATED)

P.S.: There are subtiteles to turn on.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:08 PM
The Opener of the Ways

Well, I watched the trailer. How should I put this? I am going to be honestly critical of what I've seen. The film looks really dull. I even found the trailer taxing to sit through. The voice-over work, not so much the narrator, sounds distractingly hollow and out of place. The gore looks okay in some of the clips, but in others you can see the props holding the organs. The film looks like it was going for a "so bad it's great" standing, but judging from the trailer it just seems to have fallen flat. It looks like the sorta film that was a lot more fun to make then it will be to watch. However, if I happen to find it I'll give it a look see and save my final judgment for that.

Last edited by Ashen Jackal; 05-07-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:12 AM
Little Boo

Thanks for your honest opinion! You're right, that the movie kinda lives on trash, but that's just because it's the only way we know how to make movies. There is no serious amount of money, just enuff for some insanely cheesy but over the top SFX. So no one gets paid, catered. It's all for the fun of doing a real movie (no matter how cheesy it may be) out of barely nothing.

Still, it's true, that this movie is directed to a more special audience, who have the possibility to appreciate such wicked things. ;)
Old 05-08-2015, 06:24 AM
The Opener of the Ways

Oh, I know all about pushing for a specific audience on no budget. Even without pay you are truly lucky to have so many people helping. There are alot of little niches that like specific things, so if that is your thing then more power to you. However, much like I learned, don't expect wide acceptance on those type of projects. If you push for it then you'll just get burned out. It seems like you already have a positive attitude, so keep it up. Push for bigger and better things with every production you make.

Last edited by Ashen Jackal; 05-08-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:26 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

You had me at 'cannibal'. Jackal is right about the quality and the cheesy-ness, but it as you said, GoreSupport, no budget so do what you can. I rather like a cheesy flick so I think it looks like as much fun as surely the cast had making it. And personally I liked the narrator's voice. It would have been fine by itself with less blood and still would have made it foreboding.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 01-13-2016, 02:24 AM
Little Boo

Much Thanks to you both for your uplifting words Ashen Jackal and Roiffalo!

Today I'm happy to announce that we found a Label publishing the movie. Even "Cannibal Messiah" is its first title to come up with: Creepy Video Store will release the film at January the 28th of 2016 in a Double-Digi-Pack (2h main film & 4 h extras) for 18 €. The Label working closely together with Black Lava Entertainment. English, French & Swedish subtitels included in the main movie and english subtitles in one of the featured shortfilms.

Last edited by GoreSupport; 01-13-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:19 PM
病気の

BlackLava Entertainment is awesome! So is Thomas Binder.

I bought Necrophile Passion from them. : )

Best of luck!
Old 01-14-2016, 01:27 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
BlackLava Entertainment is awesome! So is Thomas Binder.

I bought Necrophile Passion from them. : )

Best of luck!
Thanks!