Old 04-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Tonight belongs to HIM

HIM Fans..

The new album is supposedly out for release in July, and Villes solo album is also for release pretty soon

Another good bit of information, the Love Metal Archive Vol.1 is almost complete and is on Region 0 so we can watch the DVD here in the US as well...click here for more info:

www.thesacrament.net
Old 04-05-2005, 10:51 AM
The REAL Jason!

Send a message via AIM to Jason Hodder
I don't get what the big deal is with HIM. I'm not saying that other people can't listen to HIM but I don't get it. I love metal, especially melodic metal but I just don't get it. I think musically HIM isn't bad but vocally it's nothing special. I also hate the fact that most kids walking around with HIM merchandise don't know it's for the band but only think it has something to do with Bam Magera(sp?).

"Kick him in the nards!" - Sean

"Wolfman doesn't have nards!" - Fat kid

"Do it!" - Sean

:whack:

"Wolfman's got nards." - Fat kid
Old 04-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Hodder
I don't get what the big deal is with HIM. I'm not saying that other people can't listen to HIM but I don't get it. I love metal, especially melodic metal but I just don't get it. I think musically HIM isn't bad but vocally it's nothing special. I also hate the fact that most kids walking around with HIM merchandise don't know it's for the band but only think it has something to do with Bam Magera(sp?).
Well HIM started way back in Finland in 97' before anyone ever even heard of Bam. But i do agree on everyone thinking its a "bamagram." And i seriously hope your kidding about the vocals because Ville is a pretty amazing singer..IMO. But all the band members are pretty talented to me. But its an aquired taste i suppose.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
haha i thought HIM was like Bam's band or something, then i heard them and decided they suck. stupid little kids...

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 04-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Well HIM started way back in Finland in 97' before anyone ever even heard of Bam. But i do agree on everyone thinking its a "bamagram." And i seriously hope your kidding about the vocals because Ville is a pretty amazing singer..IMO. But all the band members are pretty talented to me. But its an aquired taste i suppose.
i usually think you have pretty good taste in music, but i will give HIM a second chance.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:55 AM
The REAL Jason!

Send a message via AIM to Jason Hodder
Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Actually, I'm not kidding about the vocals. They really don't do anything for me. Like I said, I like the music buyt the vocals don't seem that great to me.

It's really funny how the MTV fans think they created everything.

"Kick him in the nards!" - Sean

"Wolfman doesn't have nards!" - Fat kid

"Do it!" - Sean

:whack:

"Wolfman's got nards." - Fat kid
Old 04-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Actually, I'm not kidding about the vocals. They really don't do anything for me. Like I said, I like the music buyt the vocals don't seem that great to me.

It's really funny how the MTV fans think they created everything.
i didn't even know him was a band until my cousin played them for me one day, i was like, "YER NO COUSIN OF MINE LISTENING TO THIS CRAP! I RAISED YOU ON BLACK METAL AND THIS WAHT YOU BRING TO ME!!!" haha! yeah thats a case of mtv telling people what is good and them actually believing it. now if we could just convince everyone that pop sucks and most hip hop these days is just some shit with a few talented lyrical writers, most "modern rock" is actually modern pop, and nu-metal must go...

i think i shall go live in a cave... the music industry is dead.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Just because you listen to one type of music you cant listen to another...

Shit i can go from listening to Marduk to listening to Cat Stevens.

But thats not the point. I always have an open mind when listening to music. I mean i listen to nothing but punk.. but i decided i would rather listen to different sounds then here the same thing over and over again.

And actually i can find a lot of music that i like...but you have to take a step back from the TV...quit watching Road Rules, and look somewhere other than MTV you will find good bands i assure you.

*cough* www.blackmetal.com *cough*

And listen to Twilight Ophera...but yeah as long as your up to something new its worth a shot. But hell..HIM isnt metal, and i never considered it to be metal. But its really melodic and cool to listen to. And plus you cant dog Ville because he writes the music for everyone, not just the lyrics..
Old 04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
EVERY DAY IS A HAPPY DAY

Send a message via Skype™ to crazy raplh
A friend at work got a tatoo of the heart star thingy.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to gordytheghoul
All I have to say is that music isn't just vocally, what ever happen to lyrically. I love HIM's lyrics, sure the vocals are a tad flat, but those lyrics. I mean Dylan isn't a great vocalist, but the lyrics. What can I say, the lyrics will speak to generations.