Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2003, 02:04 AM
Cenobiter

Mexican evangelists pray for Marilyn Manson

MONTERREY, Mexico (Reuters) -- Dozens of Bible-wielding Mexican evangelical Christians prayed for the soul of Marilyn Manson on Thursday in a protest against a planned concert by the shock rocker.

About 100 people sang hymns and prayed outside local government buildings in the center of the northern city of Monterrey, where Manson, infamous for ripping up Bibles and invoking Satan on stage, is to play November 5.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/am...eut/index.html

Not really horror, but sort of.
Old 10-17-2003, 03:59 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
I'm glad they are. I hate Manson
Old 10-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I wonder if they realize that just brings more attention to Manson? They probably helped him sell more tickets.

Besides his appearance, what has Manson done that was so crazy anyway? I mean Vince Neil killed a guy and nobody's on his back.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
I like Manson's Music Videos and Songs, but his style is a little odd for me... but it's his style, so I respect it.

In regards to this story, the evangelists didn't really do anything to hurt his show at all I think... like avenger said, I think they helped him sell more seats/tickets. Well, at the least they might have gone home satisfied with a "job well done."

I really don't see the big deal about it, but whatever.

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
I submitted the link on FARK ( www.fark.com ) to see what others would think...

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Pennywise

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I mean Vince Neil killed a guy and nobody's on his back.
Yeah but that's because he got "saved" & re-devoted his life to god at some church MC Hammer was preaching at.

Seriously.

Anyways. Um. Why are they praying for his soul? That's not gonna stop him from coming to play.

And I think we all know prayer doesn't work. :rolleyes:
Old 11-04-2003, 02:06 PM
warprophet

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I wonder if they realize that just brings more attention to Manson? They probably helped him sell more tickets.

Besides his appearance, what has Manson done that was so crazy anyway? I mean Vince Neil killed a guy and nobody's on his back.
friend of mine saw him live a few years back... i belive he ended up in newspapers for sticking a microphone up his ass....id classify that as insane
Old 11-05-2003, 06:23 AM
Evil Dead

I'm not really into his music, but his book was funny and i think he's pretty clever at manipulating the media. Snappy dresser, too! I think it's most rocker's fantasy to have church protests and prayer rallies of uptight conservatives outside their shows. It just makes them feel more badass and gets more attention. I'd be thrilled and laughing all the way to the bank if that happened to my band! That's shock rock for you:p
Old 11-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Evil Dead

I am not a manson freak.. Just pointing that out.

Manson really didnt start anything new. But I do like their music, I have been listening to him for years. (although I dont own any of his new CDs)I have many demos of the band and Have seen them many times in concert. Anybody remember when they called themselves Marilyn Manson and the spookey kids..?? that was some old shit . But anyways Marilyn Manson is a rich Son of a bitch and all this puplicity has made it for him. I mean shit why are they praying for Marilyn Manson there is far more bands that do more extreme shit..

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 11:40 PM
warprophet

manson just portrays bizzare stuff in his movies nothing more, take old mans child and theyr lyrics, satyricon strapped a naked woman on an upside down cross, manson is just a kid playing tough, he got it all handed to him on a silver plate. and he has the nerve to play goth? christ...he doesnt even know the first thing about metal