Old 02-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Evil Dead

Smile Need help finding more movies

I'm not sure if it's just me but I can't handle gore in movies. I don't mind if there's blood in movies but when there's way too much gore I can't watch the movie. I love horror movies and I've seen a lot in my time. There's a few asian, japanease horror movies that I'd like to check out but a few I heard they have gore in them. One movie that I could stand was Battle Royale and I don't think that's not even considered horror. I'd like to watch a lot more horror movies cause all I've been watching lately are supernatural horror and I do enjoy them but I want to see something that will thrill me. There's one movie that I'd love to check out, it's a older movie. Prince Of Darkness, I heard a lot of good things about it and Eyes Without A Face. Is there other movies out there that's worth checking out that I'm missing out on. If so, please name a few. Thank you.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:55 AM
Evil Dead

you need to pinot out what specific type of horros you want to see (slasher, ghost story, creature feature, detective style, comic etc) this will make it a lot easier for people to give you lists. If you want to avoid a lot of blood try black and white horrors. I persoonally recoomed earlier hammer movies such as the whicker man, the devil rides out etc.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:31 AM
Evil Dead

Yes seconding, we need more info. : ) Also seconding The Whicker Man(19...78? I think)
Old 02-24-2015, 01:31 AM
Evil Dead

prince of darkness is pretty good. If you don't like gore check out asian ghost stories and films like the ring, the grudge and one missed call ,i'm not a big fan of them, but i know there's lots of them. Seems i'm incorrect on my hammer movie dates, anyway check em out,there's lots of good ones and being a brit i love to up british horror at its best!

Last edited by neilold; 02-24-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Evil Dead

I want more slasher type of movies. More good films to check out in the 80's that are decent. I've never seen any detective horror films. Those would do good too. I've seen this anime horror called Monster and it was great! I loved it. I'm not sure if anyone is into anime or not but it's my favorite anime series.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster

I'd like to watch more horror movies that's like that. Monster was amazing and I finished the whole series in two weeks.

I'm not good with monster creature type of horror movies for some reason. Just start naming me horror movies that you think I'll enjoy. Anything slasher related and Detective Horror would do for me. I don't mind blood, but it's the gore that gets to me. I guess I'm a whimp when it comes to gore, haha.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Evil Dead

Actually, there are a lot of horror/thriller movies out there that don't involve gore.

Deliver Us From Evil
The Ring
The Grudge
The Possession
The Strangers
Seven
The Uninvited
The Unborn
Skeleton Key
The Reaping
Zodiac

Old 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Evil Dead

Investigation horror films without much gore and no monsters, but I included ones with ghosts and demon possession, but not a lot the ghosts or possessed manifesting.

The Wicker Man(1973) *detective
God Told Me To *detective
Deliver Us From Evil *police sargent detecting. Though I did not care enough to finish it.
The Believers(1987 with Martin Sheen) *detective Oh wait, this one has gore. But I guess I'll leave it in.
Prince of Darkness(as you mentioned) *scientists investigating(not ghost hunters or parapsychologists)
The Wolfen *cop investigates. There are wolves, but no 'monsters'/werewolves. Its a really well done film, if I remember correctly it closely mirrors the novel.
The Taking of Deborah Logan *parapsychologists investigate
Apartment 143 *parapsychologists investigate
The Quiet Ones *parapsychologists investigate
The Shrine *journalists investigate
Rose Red *parapsychologists/psychics investigate. There are some undead though.
Audrey Rose *psychologists investigate(I think. Can't remember for sure what classification they are in the film)
The Legend of Hell House *paranormal investigators. good book too.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:42 AM
Evil Dead

slashers now you talk my language, god where do i begin

black christmas
halloween
evil laugh
dealine
the burning
friday the 13th
mutilator
sorrority house massacre
the prowler
pieces
terror train
maniac
new york ripper
my bloody valentine
sleepaway camp
prom night
madman
silrnt night deadly night
bloodr rage
funhouse
hell night
visiting hours
nightschool
the forest
pranks
haappy birthday to me
toolbox murders

i could go on, and on, and on, and on

Most of these are bloody and some are some are gory, however since its the 80's i think you will get away with most of them, as they may seem too cheap, old fashioned or daft to upset you that much.I can tell you at least 30 more too if you need further reccomendations

Last edited by neilold; 02-28-2015 at 02:44 AM.