Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Evil Dead

Thumb resize.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:14 PM
病気の

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears-of-Warren View Post
Thumb resize.

Oh I know, I know....Tomb of Dracula!

Old 06-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Evil Dead

No

Last edited by horcrux2007; 06-03-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Evil Dead

Poltergeist (1982)

I have a bit of a confession to make. I've never really sat down and put my entire attention towards the original Poltergeist. The last time I saw it was when I was much younger, and I had no clue what was going on. Anyway, Poltergeist is without a doubt one of the great 80's classics, not only in horror, but in all genres. I loved almost every second of it. It had some great scary scenes and an awesome score. The movie allowed its audience to really identify and sympathize with the Freelings because of all the character development, and that's what makes this movie stand out from all the other supernatural flicks of its time.

9/10
Old 06-06-2015, 01:40 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Poltergeist (1982)

I have a bit of a confession to make. I've never really sat down and put my entire attention towards the original Poltergeist. The last time I saw it was when I was much younger, and I had no clue what was going on. Anyway, Poltergeist is without a doubt one of the great 80's classics, not only in horror, but in all genres. I loved almost every second of it. It had some great scary scenes and an awesome score. The movie allowed its audience to really identify and sympathize with the Freelings because of all the character development, and that's what makes this movie stand out from all the other supernatural flicks of its time.

9/10
Now that you've better familiarized yourself with the classic, how does the remake match up to it?

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 06-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Now that you've better familiarized yourself with the classic, how does the remake match up to it?
oh yeah... no
Old 06-07-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
oh yeah... no
Insightful.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Insightful.

I really think it's not fair to compare the remake to the original because they're both completely different. The remake has more in common with Insidious and The Grudge than the original Poltergeist. It has that dark lighting and fluid cinematography that a lot of modern ghost flicks have, and it's a lot more jumpy than the original.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:

I really think it's not fair to compare the remake to the original because they're both completely different. The remake has more in common with Insidious and The Grudge than the original Poltergeist. It has that dark lighting and fluid cinematography that a lot of modern ghost flicks have, and it's a lot more jumpy than the original.
Fair enough. I feel like I really need to see the remake just to make my own comparison. But from what you say I already see one problem. We call it a remake, and yet it's nothing like the original. Shouldn't a remake pay homage to the original by staying faithful to it's story, characters, etc? But like I said I haven't seen it so I really can't say anything. When it comes out I'll look for it online and give it a watch.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Fair enough. I feel like I really need to see the remake just to make my own comparison. But from what you say I already see one problem. We call it a remake, and yet it's nothing like the original. Shouldn't a remake pay homage to the original by staying faithful to it's story, characters, etc? But like I said I haven't seen it so I really can't say anything. When it comes out I'll look for it online and give it a watch.
I wouldn't say it's NOTHING like the original. It's just a different style. The story is almost exactly the same.