Old 07-10-2017, 12:56 AM
Evil Dead

The Last Exorcism
Silent Hill Revelations
Old 07-10-2017, 09:05 AM
For Vendetta

They lost me at Russell Crowe's introduction as Doctor you-know-who (poor R L Stevenson must be turning in his grave, moaning at each reel of this monstrosity). Everything else after that went just one way - downhill. And don't even get me started on that ridiculous climax!

Not sure why Cruise and Crowe did this. Maybe they have gone bankrupt and needed the money desperately.

Pointless. Avoid unless otherwise.

* ½
Old 07-10-2017, 09:27 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

They lost me at Russell Crowe's introduction as Doctor you-know-who (poor R L Stevenson must be turning in his grave, moaning at each reel of this monstrosity). Everything else after that went just one way - downhill. And don't even get me started on that ridiculous climax!

Not sure why Cruise and Crowe did this. Maybe they have gone bankrupt and needed the money desperately.

* ½
Cruise does nothing unless Scientology tells him to. I would assume this is the same. He probably gave them every penny of the earnings.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 07-10-2017, 04:15 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

* ½
The only good thing to come out of this was the HILARIOUS trailer:

I still can't figure out why the mummy has two pupils in each eye... is that an Egyptian thing I'm unfamiliar with?

Speaking of these shit remakes, I watched Dracula Untold over hiatus. I should probably give my 2 cents on it:

...It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I still gave my copy to my sister because Dracula was a pussy.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 07-10-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:04 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
lolz! Valid points though. On other thing that lately I was thinking about DC films is about its Villains. From MAN OF STEEL to the upcoming JUSTICE LEAGUE...so far most of villains were either extraterrestrial, supernatural or mythological super human character(s). The thing is other than psychotic Luthor in BvS, DC is throwing villains with otherworldly abilities or characteristics. This may get somewhat 'boring' in time or 'less interesting' than Marvel where you can find a good number of human character villains also leading the main bad guy role in MCU i.e. Iron Man films, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War and lastly Spider-Man: Homecoming which is providing diversity in stories, characters & their settings.
Totally agree! Human characters, villain or hero, are more compelling and relatable. Characters that can actually be hurt and killed gives their lives consequence. Two invisible characters fighting is a snooze.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Okja (2017)

Another Bong Joon Ho masterpiece! The director who gave us some exceptionally good & quality films in past 15 years i.e. Memories of Murder (2003), The Host (2006), Mother (2009) and Snowpiercer (2013). This is a brave take on animal abuse with a little doze of corporate satire through a moving adventure tale from start to finish. Found this absolutely beautiful and quite heart breaking at times.

Highly recommended.

>>: A
Old 07-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Evil Dead

TROY (2004). Pretty good costume drama with lots of action, good CGI and decent turns. ***1/2
Old 07-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Immortal horror fan

Event Horizon -

I rewatched this movie. I don't think I saw Hellraiser before I saw this originally. But now I see all of the influences. It's a strange mix that's both fun at times and dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
The Blackcoat's Daughter

Well, at the risk of sounding like an idiot......I don't get it. I didn't understand this movie at all. And what's with everyone whispering their lines?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
It's not you, it's the movie.

I quite dislike stories like this and I always wonder who in their right mind would fund this after reading the script.
I have this movie on my list because of Emma Roberts and all the horror stuff she's worked on. I was kind of looking forward to it.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Evil Sweat

Zygote (Oats Studios Volume 1)
B+

Another Blomkamp short, this time inspired by The Thing.
That creature... Daaaamn! I'm amazed what they're able to pull off with limited resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I have this movie on my list because of Emma Roberts and all the horror stuff she's worked on. I was kind of looking forward to it.
There are people who like it. But this type of movie is too vague for my taste.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:38 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Contratiempo aka The Invisible Guest (2016)

The writer of Julia's Eyes (2010), Oriol Paulo's 2nd feature film after 2012's awesome Spanish thriller The Body. Though not as great as his earlier works & you may get the 'twist' halfway through but still this is a pretty well-crafted, intense 'who or how-done-it' style another good Spanish thriller.

Recommended.

>>: B+

Tags
movie