Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante'sInferno

and it will bitch slap the shit out of star wars.....

legally blonde II could have done that
Old 06-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
legally blonde II could have done that
My friend's girlfriend saw it and said it was "epic"...

Another example of the misuse of "epic".

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:57 AM
AlterEgoCinema

I haven't seen a lot of previews or posters for this movie and I go to the theatre about 4 times a week. Hope it does well, I know it will kick ass. Saw a lot of trailers on TV, maybe I'm just missing the movie theatre ads. But I'm sure Romero's fan base will back it up.

2 more days!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by AlterEgoCinema
I haven't seen a lot of previews or posters for this movie and I go to the theatre about 4 times a week. Hope it does well, I know it will kick ass. Saw a lot of trailers on TV, maybe I'm just missing the movie theatre ads. But I'm sure Romero's fan base will back it up.

2 more days!
You go to the theatre 4 times a week?!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
You go to the theatre 4 times a week?!

not all of us have families :)
Old 06-22-2005, 05:14 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
not all of us have families :)
Yes, I know, but I dont think I make enough money in 3 years to got to the movies 10 times in a year, let alone 4 times a week! Damn rip-off, the movies are.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:00 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I have that Simon Pegg pic as my desktop now:D

So damn excited for this:D :D :D :D
Old 06-22-2005, 02:43 PM
AlterEgoCinema

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Yes, I know, but I dont think I make enough money in 3 years to got to the movies 10 times in a year, let alone 4 times a week! Damn rip-off, the movies are.
yeah, it's really getting expensive now n days and I probably shouldn't, but what can I say, I love seeing movies in the theatre. And I don't spend my money on lots of things that people normally do (don't eat much, don't smoke or drink, rarely buy new clothes) so it leaves more room for movies. especially Land of the dead. don't care if it's my last 10 bucks
Old 06-24-2005, 12:15 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Only 8 hours and 45 minutes until the first showing in my hometown. I should be going to bed, but I'm way too excitied to sleep. lol
Old 06-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Can you dig it ?

I just got back from the midnight showing. Here are my opinions on it. (SPOILERS AHEAD !!!!!!!)
I imagine the scene went down like this:
Hollywood Exec #1: How should we rip off the public this time ?
Hollywood Exec #2: Remakes are hot right now.
HE#1: True, but all the stupid old tv shows have been done already.
HE#2: How about a proven cult film. These kids today love that crap, esp since they never seem to know there was an original.
HE#1: Right again, but every title worth remaking has already been done, too.
HE#2: Maybe we can combine a few films then and market as something new ?
HE#1: We need some action and adventure. That always sells.
HE#2: Like the 'Mad Max' or 'Escape From New York' ?
HE#1: Both ! Now we need something where an inhuman army overthrows it's less than human ruling class. Like that 'Planet of the Apes' movie with the orange jumpsuits.
HE#2: You wanna use apes in the movie ?!
HE#1: Don't be an idiot ! Horror movies are hot right now. We'll use zombies.
HE#2: That's a great idea, too. How will we get everyone to see it ? Zombie movie fans can be a very fickle bunch. We can't possibly get all of them in to see it. Can we ?
HE#1: Of course. We'll have the Great One himself direct it.
HE#2: Wayne Gretzky ?
HE#1: Idiot ! George Romero ! All the great horror directors of the last 30 odd years didn't make much off their classic films. It's time for him to get an overdue pay day. It's a win-win situation for him and us.
HE#2: That's why you're the #1 boss and I'm only #2.
HE#1: Stick with me, kid, and I'll teach you how to make someone as inept as Paris Hilton into a box office draw.
In case you can't tell, I didn't care for it at all. It borrowed so much from other films, I wouldn't be surprised if the lawsuits started piling up. For example, when the anti-hero of the film is hired by rich badguy in tower who has "rebuilt" the city after the apocolypse, what does anti-hero ask for as payment to recover badguy's super tank ? His car and enough gas to get him away from the city/fortress. Sound familiar ?
Every possible character type was used here. The tough girl prostitute, the anti-hero's dim sidekick, the 2nd in command with big dreams of running the show, the cigar chomping badguy in the penthouse suite, etc. Everyone handled their roles well, but the story itself was pointless and redundant from other great films to a much lesser degree.
Zombies are now a learning and reasoning bunch thanks to their "leader" (Big Daddy). Why overtake the big city only to leave it moments afterwards ? I guess for a big finale since there didn't seem to be any other reason. Other than that, they're back to basic zombies (not like the runners in '28 Days Later' or 'Dawn of the Dead 2004'). Of course there always seems to be one floating around every other scene just to remind us that this is supposed to be a zombie film. Otherwise they appear out of nowhere at inconvenient times for the characters and disappear after enough fx are shown to keep the audience interested. Sadly, I think the film failed. There was a full house at the theatre tonight so you know everyone there was a die-hard fan. Everyone just seemed quiet and rather dejected by this installment when exiting. I have to agree. It would seem the master now imitates his imitators. Sorry.
CK