Old 06-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
The Long Walk by Stephen King (as Richard Bachman)

Never read any of his Bachman stuff. Just started this, but it's a great concept and seems pretty solid so far.
Good book but i was pretty disappointed in the ending.

Just got The Great God Pan by Arthur Machen

Old 06-30-2017, 07:25 AM
Evil Dead

RUNNIN' WITH THE DEVIL -Noel Monk. Good tell all by Van Halen's first MGR from 78-85 . Lots of dirt, as expected with the VH bros and DLR coming off as serious assholes. Monk also wrote a great book in the 90's called TWELVE DAYS ON THE ROAD about the early 1978 Sex Pistols US tour.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Some Will Not Sleep-Selected Horrors by Adam Nevill. Seems perfect for an insomniac such as myself.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:07 PM
No Tears Please...

Im re-reading IT before the movie comes out. Need a refresher and to purge the old movie so I can come in with new eyes.

The People (short story) ---- http://www.inkitt.com/stories/10686

Trapped (Short Story) ---- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624905

The End : A Short Glimpse (Flash Fiction) --- https://www.inkitt.com/stories/horror/624912

Fear Awakens (novel) ----- Recently Restarted
Old 07-07-2017, 06:53 AM
Evil Dead

FRANKENSTEIN -Mary Shelly. Got a CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED version of this back in 1970 and tried to tackle the book proper when I was going on ten and after seeing the 1931 film. Found it ponderous and put it away after a read.
After re-reading, think it's very much like Stoker's DRACULA...when it's good, it's REALLY good, but a lot of filler. However, considering it's about 200 years old and from pretty much a teenage girl, not bad at all.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Evil Dead

SLEEPERS-Lorenzo Carcetta. Very good coming of age story taking place in 60's Hell's Kitchen. Four friends who could probably be described as petty criminals screw up big time and pay dearly for that screw up. Hard hitting, but well written and the final chapters will truly have you on edge.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
Im re-reading IT before the movie comes out. Need a refresher and to purge the old movie so I can come in with new eyes.
I'm planning to revisit the book as well before the new flick hits the screens.
And yes, LOL, also to help get the tast of that awful mini series out of my mouth.

Reading Rock N Roll Head Case by Lee Widener. Outrageous!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:06 AM
Evil Dead

CUT! HORROR WRITERS ON HORROR FILM-edited by Christopher Golden. While I'm familiar with only a few of the writers here (Book came out in the early 90's), some really good essays here like Gary Brandner's adventure with the first two HOWLINGS, Nancy A Collins about the joy her childhood movie theatre gave, Ray Garton on the 1942/1982 CAT PEOPLE and how age/experience shaped his views. Most are concise except for Stephen Bissette who rambles on and on. Worth checking out.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Evil Dead

Horror: A Literary History, Edited by Xavier Aldana Reyes

I'm currently about halfway through reading this. Really interesting. It not only focuses on the evolution of the genre but its appearances in more dramatic works (i.e. required reading for high school kinda books).
Old 07-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Evil Dead

THE FINAL JOURNEY-Gudrun Pausewang. Although it seems to be written at an early High School level, this story of an extremely sheltered Jewish girl travelling to Auschwitz is extremely hard hitting and really not for young/sensitive people. The horrors of the train and it's arrival at the camp will have You shuddering.