Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-23-2014, 05:43 AM
Evil Dead

Ive still got all my horror videos. I still watch them. 80s horror video boxes are great!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Splatter Punkette

Send a message via AIM to Siemelle Send a message via MSN to Siemelle Send a message via Skype™ to Siemelle
Miss those days!

Not that I have anything against the ease in which you can access movies nowadays, but there was something very, very charming and soothing about going to the video store on a Friday night after school. I would go to the local Mom & Pop video store (I lived in a smaller sort of town where the chains didn't come around until later) and could spend a good hour looking over the VHS offerings that hadn't been scooped up yet. It was a weekly tradition for me and I was always fascinated by the VHS covers and the promise of splatter from the back pictures. lol I understand completely why there are people who collect VHS tapes despite the fact that, after playing the tape so many times, it did get worn, started to do weird possessed things, and the like. For a lot of the older generation, it was tradition to go browsing through the aisles!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Evil Dead

Being that I'm 14 years old, I only own like 4 VHS tapes: the original Star Wars trilogy and Spaceballs. I believe I still have them if I looked hard enough.

What am I doing on this thread again?