Old 10-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Blizz
The Crow: Wicked Prayer

Come on now I know I'm not the only one hyped for this. Tony suggested the novel so I'm gonna look for that. On the movie side of things, the plot seems good, the cast looks strong and it should make for an interesting movie. Lets hope for a theatrical release, because that would rule.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:10 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
I love The Crow series. I am definitely looking forwards to Wicked Prayer. You should take me up on checking out the novel man. It's way different than the movie is going to be but it's still a great read. I also liked the Novel The Crow: Hellbound. Definitely different but VERY interesting.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Evil Dead

Everything after the original movie (sequels and television series) sucked badly IMO.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Hellraiser

I finally saw the first movie and loved it. From Tony talking about it, and the people invovled with it, I will definitely check out Wicked Prayer.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Blizz
Well of course it is gonna be hard to top the first one for the simple fact that Brandon Lee owns. I don't think the sequels are better than the first but they aren't bad...
Old 10-15-2003, 06:19 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via AIM to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via Yahoo to SCREAMERatorX
Quote:
Well of course it is gonna be hard to top the first one for the simple fact that Brandon Lee owns. I don't think the sequels are better than the first but they aren't bad...
TOTALLY agree with Blizz on that comment. The Crow was the type of movie where brandon 'made' the movie work... not becoz he died during production.... he played the role so well, no one can copy that, they tried, the sequal wasnt half as good...

i really dont think matrixReloaded would have been as successful if Keanu died b4 making them...
Old 10-15-2003, 06:57 AM
Evil Dead

I agree. Brandon did an excellent job. But I think the sequels would have been even worse had Brandon been in any. The Crow films and comics are each different stories about different people. The 2nd films first mistake was that they picked a guy who resembled Brandon. He even tried to deliver his lines in the manner Brandon did. Believe it or not there are some people who think that it's the same character and are shocked when you tell them it's not supposed to be. I like them each being someone else's story. It gives the series it's own thing to work with. The TV series tried to make a storyline out of Eric Draven that continued on and failed miserably. That show should have invented it's own character and storyline. Had it of been successful they could invent a new character for the following seasons.

Last edited by Tony; 10-15-2003 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via AIM to SCREAMERatorX Send a message via Yahoo to SCREAMERatorX
im in shock,, :eek:
..but imsure your not suprised :p
i had no idea that each different story is meant 2be about different people!! that makes senses... whOOOPPSS..
myWrong....
in that case,, your right,, the sequels would have been even worse had Brandon been in any.. possibly.

i never seen the TV series.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:57 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by SCREAMERatorX
im in shock,, :eek:
..but imsure your not suprised :p
i had no idea that each different story is meant 2be about different people!! that makes senses... whOOOPPSS..
myWrong....
in that case,, your right,, the sequels would have been even worse had Brandon been in any.. possibly.

i never seen the TV series.
It's cool. Alot of people don't know that. They are all meant to be different stories from different people getting revenge for their lost loved one's and themselve. The novels are the same way.

The Crow: Quoth the Crow- A writers is killed by a man whom he feels is his protege. Nobody knows how he died. When the man parishes, his protege moves in on his wife thus sparking the man back from the dead via The Crow to exact his revenge

The Crow: The Lazarus Heart- The only gay Crow story that I know of. A man is accused of murdering his lover. More gay people are dying in similar fashion and the young man is blamed for all the crimes and get executed. Yet a homaphobic psycho (who is really gay in real life but can't deal with it) is to blame. The boy returns via The Crow to figure out who and why they did it. This one is suprisingly a good read. I'm not into the gay thing but it kept my interest through the whole book. The storyline is slightly similar to the film The Crow Salvation in that it deals with the whole wrongly accused scenario.

The Crow: Temple of Night: This one deals with a journalist traveling to Thailand to do a story on underground sex clubs. While there he falls in love with a young girl. The girl is a prostitute but a virgin. The people who more or less own her have saved her virginity because it brings a high price. The boy falls in love with her so she more or less refuses to do what she is meant to do. So the one who owns her has the journalist and the girl killed. So the journalist comes back to put the wrong things right.

The Crow: Clash by Night: This story is about a woman who can't have children. She works at a day care center because she loves children so much. A group of extremist blow up the day care center (much like Oklahoma city) killing the woman and many of the children. So the woman comes back to get the guys who did it. This one is written by Chet Williamson who wrote the novelization to The Crow City of Angels.

The Crow: Wicked Prayer- This is the one that they got the idea for the next film from. It's about a guy named Dan Cody (named changed in the film). He is a rugged Westerner who is in love with an indian woman. The two plan to be married. A woman by the name of Kyra Damon and her boyfriend Johnny Church are really weird people. Kyra believes that she can somehow become immortal and she has a spell lined up that will allow her to achieve this. She needs the eyes of a young indian woman. So she kills Dan and his lover and cuts out her eyes. She is speeding across the desert to a destination to achieve her destiny. But guess who's behind her?? The resurrected Dan Cody via The Crow.

The Crow: Hellbound- This is the last of the Crow novels to date. It opens in hell. A young demon named Dren is unhappy where in hell. So he get's an option. Go to earth and lead a misguided soul on the right track and he can leave hell forever. So he leave hell to try to help a young man who is involved with the mob. During this the boy is killed and resurrected as The Crow to get revenge for himself and his fiance. The demon is attempting to convince the boy to not kill the ment responsible because it will send them both to hell. But the boy can't rest at all until he does so. Very creative and original Crow story also involved two demons coming to earth to stop the other demon from convincing the boy to change his ways. Written by AA. Anatasio (probably spelled wrong) My favorite in the series.

I also have two other complete Crow comic series.

The Crow: Dead Time- Begins in the 1800's. An indian man falls in love with a white woman. They are married and have a son. People were highly against anything of this nature so a group come to their farm home and murder the man, his wife and their son. 100 years later....The group responsible for the murders have been reincarnated and given another chance at life. But they have strayed down the same path as in their previous life. Murdering, stealing, etc. So the Indian that they murdered in their previous life returns from the grave to finally get his revenge. He makes them remember and get's them one by one. The story for this one was written by Crow creator James O'Barr. Awesome story. Would make a great movie.

The Crow: Flesh and Blood- A pregnant woman and her unborn child are killed when their apartment building is blown up. The woman is resurrected to find out who did this. When resurrected she can't understand why she was brought back. She hadn't actually planned on keeping the child.

I hope this synopsis into The Crow world has helped you out dude. I'm a big fan. ;)
Old 10-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Living Dead

WOW! CHEERS Tony ,

i think ill print all that out and sink my teeth in2 it later...
the crow would have 2be in my top10...
VERY interesting.
so i guess the crow started as a book, then the comics came b4 the movie??

I used 2 have shitLOADS of !!Ghost Rider comics.... now theres a wicked character for a horror flick!!