Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Murder By Vacuum Cleaner

Police: Woman Beaten For 11 Hours With Vacuum Ceaner And Table Leg

People Witness Beating Inside Home

Titusville, Florida -- A 25-year-old Titusville man faces murder charges Wednesday after he allegedly beat his live-in girlfriend repeatedly for 10 to 11 hours with a vacuum, table leg and beer bottle in front of witnesses, according to a Local 6 News report.

Police arrested Gregory McGruder, 25, Tuesday night after Titusville police responded to a disturbance call at an apartment in the 1200 block of Cheney Highway.

Police found Amanda Joy Ratliff, 20, duct taped and severely beaten, police spokesman Warren Van Vuren said. She was transported to Parish Medical Center where she died.

"It doesn't get any worse than this when it comes to domestic violence," Van Vuren said. "Our hearts go out to the family members of the deceased and we certainly hope we can help anyone else out there that may be in a situation like this."

There were several witnesses inside the home during the beating, Local 6 News has learned. Police would not go into details as to why people inside the house did not stop the beating other than to say McGruder apparently threatened to kill them, Local 6 News reported.

Ratliff and McGruder have been living together in the apartment since at least July 2004.

McGruder is being held at the Brevard County Jail in Sharpes.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be