Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Music
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Im not a song writter but I thought I would still send you a greeting and welcome you to the forum....
Old 11-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Post-Moderation

Thx soul.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:24 AM
warprophet

take a look at this link if your into metal
http://www.abednarz.net/prometheus.html

guy calling himself prometheus, an exelent artist with so far zero releases on cd i think, listen to those songs! he should have a contract.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:44 AM
Post-Moderation

downloading right now. thx for the link moon.

Alright i only needed to listen to the first song, your totally right. this guy is well and beyond good enough to have a record contract. The irony is hell probably never get signed for 2 reasons.
1) hes doing it all himself and doesnt really appear to be shopping it around to record companies and i cant really blame him. and
2) record companies dont want to develop artists anymore. They want the initiall big hit release so they can make a profit faster then after that 1 hit they can find someone else. Thats why pop is so big right now. Pop and Pop/punk are what sells instantly (along with hip hop) something like this will require creative marketing and effort on the record companies part.:rolleyes: This guy is really talented and i can see why hes doing it the way he is, independantly. its just a shame that acts like this go undiscovered and unrecognized while Brittney sells herself like the record label whore she really is.

Last edited by Arioch; 11-18-2003 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:18 AM
warprophet

nott sure i agree on the part about record companys dont want to develop theyr own bands nymore, take a look at spinefarm, centurymedia, nuclear blast, dragonheart records... i can go on and on naming lables that develop theyr own bands, i still remember the days when no one knew the name nightwish apart from me and my friends now nightwish is one of the biggest bands around. true metal lables want to develop theyr bands.

i dont agree that he cant do it solo either, have you heard about old mans child? the 3 first cds they released the band consistet only of galder whos now employed by dimmu borgir as well...

btw on that page, lovers i deffinatley one my fav tracks, make sure you listen to it.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
nott sure i agree on the part about record companys dont want to develop theyr own bands nymore, take a look at spinefarm, centurymedia, nuclear blast, dragonheart records... i can go on and on naming lables that develop theyr own bands, i still remember the days when no one knew the name nightwish apart from me and my friends now nightwish is one of the biggest bands around. true metal lables want to develop theyr bands.
Oh your talking about independant labels, well hell ya! Indie labels are the way to go. Im talking about the majors like Interscope, Universals labels, Warner Bros. etc. Ya thats y indes are around i guess. Hell i got offered a contract from one in boston im gonna look into. Im talking about the major pop pushers these days.

Quote:
i dont agree that he cant do it solo either, have you heard about old mans child? the 3 first cds they released the band consistet only of galder whos now employed by dimmu borgir as well...
No, no this is THE way to do it i think. Avoid the record companies all together. We all know how much record companies (The major ones that is) screw the artist anyway, with recoupable advances, and making the artist pay for his own videos, paying for the production of the album. I mean come on, does tom cruise have to pay for the production of his movies. They way they run business is just so fucked up, i mean we all know cds dont cost 16.95 to make. Hell, i bought 3 John Carpenter DVDs for $10 each.
Just pisses me off being an artist ya know. But ya Indie labels are different, they know how to treat an artist.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:45 AM
warprophet

depends on what country your in...a cd for 16 bucks here in norway? that must be something on sale, normal price is about 20...

but i guess we both agree on lables and such then...smart man.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:49 AM
Post-Moderation

Whoa $20 ?? damn thats hardcore. I couldnt afford that shit. Man Norway huh? whats it like there? Crazy music scene i bet
Old 11-19-2003, 01:19 AM
warprophet

there is a reason the country is shaped like a guitar... its the country that invented death metal, with bands like dark throne and ulver (meaning wolves)
its a place where the metal stars hang out at the local metal bars, i for example hang out around the same bar galder and the mayhem people visit, its pretty cool to be able to sit down with one of your fav guitar players and get some inside information.
bigest country in the world if you like metal
Old 11-19-2003, 01:46 AM
Post-Moderation

Wow that sounds incredible.