Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Q. Why do people like snakes on a plane ?

A. Well.... Because Johnny... People are idiots. They are easily manipulated by marketing and advertisement.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally posted by joshaube
You know all of those people running around saying "Snakes on a Plane is stupid! I don't get why people want to see this! What's wrong with the industry!"? Welll, personally, I think they are the stupid ones for not realizing that this is not meant to be taken seriously.

Honestly, come on people. Let's walk into The Holy Grail and call it stupid.

And yes, he DOES think its FUNNY, because THAT WAS THE POINT. "You think a horror movie was funny?"

Evil Dead. Return of the Living Dead. Re-Animator. Nameless others.

They are all horor movies. They are all comedies. Snakes on a Plane wasn't even all that much a horror, more of an action/thriller - and even then, I'd put it's main category as 'Comedy'.

And to call it stupid, yes, it is. Like I said before, that's the point. But here you have tons of legions of fans that love countless action films. Films that defy gravity, realism, anything. For christ sake's someone could FUCKING blow up in a car and just roll out unscratched and they'd just be like "WOAH THAT WAS FUCKING KICKASS DOOD."

In SoaP, as stupid as the movie is - and wants to be- it isn't entirely brainless. The plot makes sense, the events make sense. They give an explanation where things need to be explain. In other movies you could sit there and say "Why don't they just ____?" In this movie, they say THYE DON'T FUCKING DO THAT BECAUSE OF THIS!!!

The AC is broke. The lays were laced with pharamones. One venom didn't solve everyone's issues. Not eveyone lived.

Of course there were far-fetched moments, but really.

I'm just sick and tired of why people don't simply understand that...

SNAKES ON A PLANE IS A STUPID MOVIE. AND IT WANTS TO BE. THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT.

Thank you.
you are awesome. i need to print this shit out and show it to poeple. i get into heated arguments with poeple about this movie.

Me: "have you seen snakes on a plane?"
Idiot:"that looks stupid why would anyone watch that."
Me: "fuck you you ignorant douchebag, you fucking watch shit like American Pie and Eurotrip, so fucking suck a dick! expand your horizon a bit, you're cinema-retarded"

i get really defensive about these things. thats what the conversation actually went like too.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by Deposable
Q. Why do people like snakes on a plane ?

A. Well.... Because Johnny... People are idiots. They are easily manipulated by marketing and advertisement.
Q. Why do people go out of their way to hate Snakes On a Plane?

A. Because when a movie gets big marketing and a lot of advertising and a big fan base people feel like they're intelligent to go against that movie.

Just because a movie has a good advertising campaign, doesn't automatically make it stupid. I like to think of myself as a very intelligent and literate film-watcher, and I quite enjoyed the movie. So there.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Smack My Titties

It's interesting that the front end of this film combined with witnessing the product in its entirity produces such backward and degenerate conclusions.

1] It's Snakes on a Plane - how fuckingly awesomely simple!

2] How shit - it was just Snakes on a Plane.

Truly, a significant film of these times.