Old 05-05-2018, 03:11 AM
Scares Little Kids

Zonbie Horror with a Spin off!

Hey all

Here is a sample taken from my Horror “OUTBACK” Hope you enjoy. URL link at the bottom.

Sydney Zoo

The group of officers looked at each other as they stood by the main entrance to the zoo.
“Is that the last of the staff out?” Officer Justin Hawes asked.
“Yes, that’s it,” Officer Marcus Giles replied. “Now, let’s get out of here before any of those zombie things come here.”
The officer started to walk towards the barriers to return to the patrol cars outside, but the ground beneath them started to rumble.
“What the. . . ?” Max Kirkhop swore in alarm.
It seemed to be getting heavier by the second. The five officers looked up to see a glowing eye. Before they could blink, the horn of a rhino came into view. The Rhino slowly strolled through the zoo. It stopped, turning its head, and It looked at the officers.
“What do we do?” Officer Hawes asked.
“I know what I am going to do,” Jack McKinley said, swiping his handgun.
The group of officers swiped their handguns, looking into the gleaming yellow eyes of the rhino as it stopped and looked at them, steam leaving its nostrils as it scuffed its hoofs along the floor, kicking up muck and dust. The officers opened fire on the rhino.
“Why isn’t it dying?!” Kirkhop screamed.
The rhino started to charge towards the officers.
“Move! Get back to the cars now!” Hawes shouted orders.
The officers ran through to the main entrance. They heard the barriers click as they stormed through them, one after the other. Kirkshop looked down to his left and saw a toy on the ground—a grey elephant, probably purchased from a gift store within the zoo. It was covered in blood. Only the trunk is grey. The beady eyes from the toy just stared up at him, like they are trying to say something to him. He saw visions of a young mother pulling her child along with her, the toddler reaching out for the toy as she entered the car park, wiping tears from her face, eager to know if her partner is alive and at home.
The sound of a crash woke him from the daydream. He skidded to a stop and looked back. The rhino was now crawling through the tiny walkway that’s led from the zoo’s main grounds. It didn’t seem to be giving up.
“Come on,” he screamed at the top of his voice.
He spun around, staring down at the sight. The rhino forced its body through the metal work. The rhino screamed as it forced its body through the barriers into the car park. The rhino lifted its head up, looking into the sky. It has a sense of freedom. It just stood in the car park, static, breathing heavily. Kirkshop watched as it slowly lowered its head and twisted its body to face the onlooking officers as they stood by the gleaming patrol cars.
“It’s just standing there,” one of them said.
Kirkshop stood looking at the Rhino. Their eyes were locked. The skin above the rhino’s eyes wrinkled and the sound of its huffing got louder as it started to scruff its hoof along the ground.
“Run,” Kirkshop muttered. The officers scarpered into the patrol cars. “Come on, come on, come on,” Kirkshop mumbled
Officer McKinley jumped into the driver’s seat. He trembled as he tried to put the key into the ignition. When he clicked the key into the ignition, he turned the key to the right. Nothing was heard.
McKinley gasped. “Shit, the fucking thing won’t start.” He eagerly turned the key back and forth, trying to start the engine. He is lucky, the revometer screamed to life.
“Got it,” McKinley said. He slammed the accelerator down to full. The car slowly rolled, but there wasn’t enough time. The rhino slammed into the vehicle, rolling the police cruiser onto its side.
“Holy shit,” Hawes yelled, slamming the brakes on.
“What are you doing?” the other officer asked.
Officer Hawes looked at the rhino as it circled around to the driver’s seat. “Saving my friend,” he replied. He ran towards the car. McKinley looked to the left seeing the smashed window. He reached for his seatbelt and unclipped it. He fell onto the roof. He held onto his neck and squinted in pain. He looked to the right and saw Hawes.
“Hey,” he called “Come on, man.”
Hawes was dead. McKinley crawled out from the car. He looked ahead seeing the other cruiser.
“Come on,” Kirkshop yelled
The Rhino looked over the car and saw McKinley staggering towards it, his hand on his neck. The Rhino scuffed his hoof and ran towards him. He felt the ground beneath his feet vibrate as the pain from the crash screamed down his neck. He staggered along, overcome by the burning whiplash.
“Come on” Kirkshop screamed
McKinley looked back as he fell onto the ground. The Rhino opened his mouth, and a rush of warm air hit McKinley’s neck, cutting the pain for a few seconds. He closed his eyes tightly. Kirkshop skidded to a stop. He heard a crunch from his location. He slowly peered through his eyes, looking at the headless body of his colleague. The rush of blood slammed into the ground as the body fell flat onto the tarmac. The rhino slowly lifted his head, locking eyes with Kirkshop. Kirkshop looked at the rhino. It didn’t scoff; it just sprinted towards him.
“Oh, shit” He gasped
“Come on,” the officer bellowed from inside the car.
Kirkshop jumped into the cruiser. “Come on!” he screamed

~ ~ ~ * * * ~ ~ ~

George Mahoney, the thirty-eight-year-old bus driver from Adelaide, looked out from the front of his bus as people ran across the streets. There was a sudden knock on the door. It pulled him from his daydream. He swung his head to the right to see a small group of boys.
“Closed,” he said. “Sorry.”
“Come on, man, please,” one student pleaded to George.
“It’s closed,” he yelled again.
The student reached into his pocket, pulling out some dollar bills. “Thirty dollars,” he pleaded. “That’s all I’ve got.”
The rest of the people got out their money, showing it to the driver. George could see the look of fear in their eyes as they looked through the glass doors. George let his breath out and opened the front doors.
“Thank you,” the student said. “Thank you.”
“Put your money away; you may need it later on if we survive this.”
“Thank you,” the student said again. “Thank you very much.”
“It’s okay,” George told him. “I can take you as far as the depot; then you’re on your own.”
“That’s fine,” the student replied. “Thank you again”
George pushed the accelerator down pulling out of the stop into the city.
“So, where you boys going?”
“We don’t know,” the student replied. “How about you?”
“Any place but this,” George replied to the question. “I will get out of this bus, get in my car, go home, pack my bags, and get out of Sydney with my family—and I suggest you do the same thing.”
“Where to?”
“As far away as possible until this is over,” George replied. “I suggest you boys do the same as well. Find a campsite in the middle of the outback and wait till it is safe to return.”
“Yes,” the student replied. “Thanks so much again.”
“I’d sit down if I were you,” George replied. “The streets are in chaos; look at them.”
The student went and sat down next to his friend, staring out of the window at the shops and stores being looted out by the mob.

https://www.amazon.com/OUTBACK-Steph...ustomerReviews

Tags
australia, horror, zombies