Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Scares Little Kids

I wish people would stop saying they want more zombies and less stories.

Too many zombies and it becomes boring. We need intrigue, lies and deceit.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:24 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I wish people would stop saying they want more zombies and less stories.
Too many zombies and it becomes boring. We need intrigue, lies and deceit.
Exactly...hey have to sustain a series, not just a movie...for this to happen there needs to be more depth than wave after wave of zombie attacks.
Also as someone that's followed the comics, I can tell you that the zombies are not the only threat to expect.
Because of elements like this, the comic has survived into it's 93rd issue so far...if it were just about a prolonged zombie attack it would not be running any more. There are some truly excellent characters and some terrible situations to come yet.
It's a post-apocalyptic drama set in a world over-run by zombies...I mean if you lived in this situation, wouldn't you attempt to avoid them too, and take yourself away from constant danger?

I have heard that while he wasn't actually in the comic, Daryl has become popular among viewers of the show, so much so that Kirkman has plans to introduce his character to the comic as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Misanthrope

Daryl's rad. Definitely my favourite character and his development as a character has been more interesting than the rest of the group.

-------

Enjoyed the last episode and thought it was really good. I dug how it concentrated on the danger of other people rather than the zombies. The show has become quite a good post-apocalyptic styled tale. I honestly don't get the complaints for this show especially when rubbish like The River is gracing the screen atm.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Whip In My Valise

I don't need constant zombie attacks, but the characters need to at least be somewhat in peril. The show has slowed to a crawl since they arrived at that farmhouse, and I'm really hoping they will move on. Also, the majority of the characters are becoming annoying to the point that I really wouldn't care if they died.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:01 AM
That fucking Guy...

They kind of are in peril...they know what's "out there" and they've faced the constant possibility of being kicked back out, having members of their own (and now the other) party at eachothers throats to the point that there WILL be violence, or the having to make the choice to become killers simply to secure a place/places for their own.
I get that it's a fairly slow burn not always high on action, but it's more about the emotional turmoil at the moment, of living among strangers in a pretty diverse group with hugely differing ideologies.
The volatility of human nature, the cause and effect that can make a rational person go into a very dark place, and the constant knowledge that even though they might not be right on the attack all the time, zombies are there and any decision even on where to sleep could be their last - I think the idea is, we're meant to be contemplative of the kind've tension that would arise in a situation like this...and yes, things WILL boil over...
The show isn't called "The Walking Dead" on account of the zombies.

I garauntee, anyone that sticks with this show will not be disappointed - and how the Shane situation comes to a head WILL leave you in shock and awe.

SO much good stuff to come, so many rich characters yet to be introduced and properly explored...this will serve zombie horde fans and character study fans alike very well.
It's all well worth the build-up.

I mean c'mon folks, even without zombies, it's hardly the most boring show out there.
I think expectations are the only thing setting a lot of people back.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Whip In My Valise

I'll stick it out. I haven't read the original stories, so I have no clue what's to come.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Evil Dead

I will stick with it just for completion but it seriously needs to pick up,the first half of this second series has been woeful.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I honestly don't get the complaints for this show especially when rubbish like The River is gracing the screen atm.
I like The River. It's supposed to be a short run show too so I hope we get some closure and not a cliffhanger ending.

I look forward to The Walking Dead every week. It's a human nature show. But I think all of the best zombie movies are like that. I'm was surprised that Rick didn't shoot Shane during the barn incident. It's at the point where things will come to blows.

Also, the knowledge that zombies are out there is still very scary. I'm sure that farm is not safe. I can't believe the zombies didn't show up after all the shooting at the barn. But there is that swamp that they get stuck in. Maybe the whole farm area is protected somehow.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Whip In My Valise

This week's episode was a huge improvement over the last one. Things are picking up.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Evil Dead

Yes,the first episode of the second half of this series was better,but wasnt that the same as the first episode,then they found the farm and it all went down hill fast.I can only hope they leave that damn barn and find somewhere else to do all their bickering.