Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Events & Happenings

Old 07-21-2009, 11:35 AM
ShermanTheater

For those who may like bad films and horror films!

To those close to PA:

The Sherman Theater hosts our Severed Sinema once a month. I know its kind of short notice, but our next one if this Friday at 7:30. We will be playing John Carpenter's "They Live" & David Cronenburg's "The Brood". Machina Infernus, a local band will also be playing. Tickets are only $5. So if you wanna come see some cheesy acting in some horror films, stop on by. We are located at 524 Main Street in Stroudsburg, PA.

You can also check us out at http://www.shermantheater.com

Old 07-21-2009, 04:16 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

**Apologizing in advance for the rant**
Calling THEY LIVE and THE BROOD bad films is a crime against cinema and film fans! They are both classics.

And don't give the "they're so bad they're good" bullshit - I HATE that concept. when I like a film it's becasue it's good and these two films are fantasticly fun pieces of cinema made by true auteurs!
**end rant**

That said, sounds like a lot of fun and I hope you have a kick-ass time with the screeneing.:D

Do you have any other screenings lined up?

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 07-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
The word, my friend is "cult". When you show Robot Monster, you're showing bad.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Misanthrope

Man this would be a blast! Are the flicks shown off actual prints?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 PM
She's under the stairs

Not a bad double feature, but I am a bit insulted that you are calling these two movies bad... I'm more confused by you the promoter.... Tell us how bad the band are that are playing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha

Last edited by Disease; 07-22-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Synthetic Flesh

I wish we had events like this where I live...:(
Old 07-22-2009, 01:37 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
And don't give the "they're so bad they're good" bullshit - I HATE that concept.
same, well said.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
You want to show bad films?

The Godfather and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Okay, so they're not bad films. I just find them unenjoyable.

How about...Plan 9 from Outer Space and Stop or My Mum Will Shoot.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 AM
ShermanTheater

I myself do not find either of these movies bad. As a horror fan myself, I as well find them classics.
On the other hand, there are quite a few people out there (mostly those that don't enjoy horror) that may categorize them as "bad movies". Simply because of the budgets/special effects/their own odd beliefs. Believe it or not, there is a decent following for what people believe to be "bad movies". (if you don't believe me, check out this site: http://badmovieblog.com/ )Again, I myself, do not find either one of these films to fall into that category, but some do.

That said, I'll answer some questions.

No they are not being show off original prints. Although we do have the machines to do so, which gives me a good idea for the future, thanks.

As far as the band goes, I myself have not seen them live. Although they do seem to have a decent following in the area.

We do have other screenings planned. What/when they are will be decided within the next week or so. I will post up again with our next showings.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanTheater View Post
I myself do not find either of these movies bad. As a horror fan myself, I as well find them classics.
On the other hand, there are quite a few people out there (mostly those that don't enjoy horror) that may categorize them as "bad movies". Simply because of the budgets/special effects/their own odd beliefs. Believe it or not, there is a decent following for what people believe to be "bad movies". (if you don't believe me, check out this site: http://badmovieblog.com/ )Again, I myself, do not find either one of these films to fall into that category, but some do.
First of..."As a horror fan myself", I don't like to give a damn about those stupid jerks and what they thinks or likes about this classics.

2ndly, go that weird site and then post a thread/message with this funny title "For those who like bad films..." means this "may be" work for them somehow. This (& in any other horror movie loving community) is a place where we all admire this films and as far considering among different elements of a movie, I think budget or effects doesn't play a god damn such a role to labeling a film good or bad...those who thinks such a way surely one of a kind.
Anyway, best of luck for the show and I hope there won't be any "bad movie lover" in the audience. btw, that's a nice poster.