Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 01-04-2018, 05:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonebrothersproduction View Post
I'd have to say I enjoyed the re-release of The Babysitter more than the original. I have no idea if that counts due to it not being the original movie maker not making the sequel or remake I should say, but I thought I should include it for those interested in one better than the original. It was hilarious too.
The Babysitter (2017) was pretty good until after the big reveal. But, ya, I'd agree with you, it doesn't count because I don't see any previous films that have anything to do with this film. Well, I guess I should ask you, Stone, what prior "The Babysitter" film did you see that you thought might be related to the 2017 film? There are a lot of films with that name.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-04-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:25 PM
Evil Dead

That film sounds familiar somehow, but I've yet to see it. Consider my interest piqued.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:54 PM
Little Boo

The Secret Window is a great thriller with horror elements. I think the last version with Johnny Depp is better than the one of 1987. Really appreciate Depp as an actor and basically all the movies he plays at are memorable. There was this story about a mysterious dark house he worked at, looks quite like his own old villa in France which he bought in 2001.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:35 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I like Bride of Chucky a lot more than the first three Child's Play films. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it's one of my favorite horror movies of all time.

I also liked George Romero's Day of the Dead a lot more than I did the previous movie Dawn of the Dead. I really don't get why most people preferred Dawn of the Dead because the make-up for those zombies sucked. The zombies looked so much better in Day of the Dead and even the original Night of the Living Dead.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Talkin' horror. #JOIN

The only legitimate sequel better than the original is New Nightmare > Nightmare. I can't think of one other. I don't agree with most posts in this thread haha

Maybe Romero's "Dead" series got better as it went. Dawn was certainly better than Night haha
Old 04-24-2018, 11:19 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STTC2K18 View Post
The only legitimate sequel better than the original is New Nightmare > Nightmare. I can't think of one other. I don't agree with most posts in this thread haha

Maybe Romero's "Dead" series got better as it went. Dawn was certainly better than Night haha
I disagree I think Night of the Living Dead was better. The zombies in Dawn of the Dead looked so bad but at least in Night of the Living Dead the movie was in black and white so you couldn't even see the make-up very well. They were more believable as zombies.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:24 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I disagree I think Night of the Living Dead was better. The zombies in Dawn of the Dead looked so bad but at least in Night of the Living Dead the movie was in black and white so you couldn't even see the make-up very well. They were more believable as zombies.
I agree with you, Luv. I liked both, but I think Night of the Living Dead is much better film, having so many levels to it. If you just want to see heads blown up and people being bit, Dawn is your film, but after it's made it's point about zombie consumerism, Dawn is a fairly repetitious film.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:03 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I agree with you, Luv. I liked both, but I think Night of the Living Dead is much better film, having so many levels to it. If you just want to see heads blown up and people being bit, Dawn is your film, but after it's made it's point about zombie consumerism, Dawn is a fairly repetitious film.
Yeah and I feel like Night of the Living Dead showed a very realistic glimpse of what the apocalypse would really be like. I can picture people everywhere hiding in their homes and turning on the news trying to figure out what to do during all the panic and confusion and eventually whatever it is killing everybody else outside would make its way into their houses and kill them too. The horror in Night of the Living Dead touched me in a very real way because there was such a realism to it that other zombie movies just don't seem to capture. It's no wonder that it became an instant classic despite the low budget!
Old 04-27-2018, 09:24 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Yeah and I feel like Night of the Living Dead showed a very realistic glimpse of what the apocalypse would really be like. I can picture people everywhere hiding in their homes and turning on the news trying to figure out what to do during all the panic and confusion and eventually whatever it is killing everybody else outside would make its way into their houses and kill them too. The horror in Night of the Living Dead touched me in a very real way because there was such a realism to it that other zombie movies just don't seem to capture. It's no wonder that it became an instant classic despite the low budget!
Well said! It was riveting... people would board up their house and watch the TV news. When I saw the naked zombie woman (from behind), I thought it was so sad and horrible, she didn't know she was naked... Then you have the fight for control, and the little girl at the end... so many dimensions of horror.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Well said! It was riveting... people would board up their house and watch the TV news. When I saw the naked zombie woman (from behind), I thought it was so sad and horrible, she didn't know she was naked... Then you have the fight for control, and the little girl at the end... so many dimensions of horror.
Yeah the naked female zombie was shocking. It made me wonder why she was naked when she died and came back as a zombie (of course now when I rewatch the movie I notice the tag hanging from her wrist so she must have come from a morgue).

BTW another horror sequel I thought was better than the first two films in the series was Leprechaun 3. That movie has some funny deaths like when the leprechaun made a woman's breasts and buttocks explode and when he literally sawed a magician in half lol.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 04-28-2018 at 11:20 AM.