Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Retro Nightmare

the best ones was the vampires in the hospital and the one about the kid who took the clowns nose.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:02 PM
The horror of the minds

Re: "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

Quote:
Originally posted by liebesspiel
This TV show scared the hell out of me as a kid. I really love it. I still watch some episodes on TV. Now, THIS is a TV show!
I use to whacth I when I wasss little also, some epsooide scared me. I try to watch it when if it's on tv haven't seeen it in a couple of years.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:47 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Well I was wandering around Zellers today, and stumbled across a 3 disc set, the complete first season, for $30. I didnt get it, but I think I might go back tomorrow...Im just afraid it might be too kiddish for me now.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:08 PM
No charge for awesomeness

I was a little too old to actually be scared of Are You Afraid of the Dark, but I certainly remember it being a pretty cool show. Along with Salute Your Shorts & You Can't Do That on Television, it's one of the best shows Nickelodeon has ever produced.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Evil Dead

I own all the goosebump books of the original collection, but despite that, I really prefer AYAOTD. The stories in there were very great.

Anyone remember the episode where they started off telling a story, and it showed a scene in daylight with someone in bed, and a huge fucking terrifying creature lurking over him? They decided not to tell that one, so the story about it ended there. God that one scene scared the shit out of me.

AND SARDO. Haha, he was hillarious. The owner of the local magic shop.

"That's Sardo! No mister, accent on the DO."
Old 07-02-2006, 11:09 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
This show was great.I uesed to watch it every time it was on.so many good ones it's hard to pick a favorite.

The ones that come to mind are the one were the girl makes friends with a ghost of a old lady and she doen't find out til the end.

Also the one where the guy steals people youth through cameras.That one was prety cool.

and you can't forget the one with the vampire kid next door.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Undead

Send a message via Yahoo to spookychild
I loved that show. My siblings and I would play like we were on the show in our backyard all the time when we were little.
One thing. Was I the only one who had the hots for the guy who wore glasses.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:34 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I used to watch the show every week. I was older than the target audience, but I didn't care because I could tell it was good stuff. I even taped a few episodes...I didn't think they were all good, but about one fifth of the episodes were great. I still have the tapes..."The Tale of Laughing in the Dark" with the kid taking the clown's nose...now that's pretty scary!

Friend....gooooood!

Old 07-21-2006, 05:15 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by crabapple
I used to watch the show every week. I was older than the target audience, but I didn't care because I could tell it was good stuff. I even taped a few episodes...I didn't think they were all good, but about one fifth of the episodes were great. I still have the tapes..."The Tale of Laughing in the Dark" with the kid taking the clown's nose...now that's pretty scary!
Ooooo that one freaked me out.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:13 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Oh yeah. I think that one is probably my favorite episode, because it spent all its energy trying to scare the audience. There was no cutesy side to it. And you never actually saw the clown ghost when it started coming after the kid.....you only heard it, or saw signs that it was there, or saw a shadow moving under the door. It was far worse imagining what the clown looked like, instead of seeing it.

Friend....gooooood!