Old 02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Things you wish your parents did

I wish my father had let me have my grandmother's piano. When I was younger I used to go to my nana's house all the time and play her piano. Well it was almost playing I guess, I can't really remember but I'm sure it was annoying to hear. Eventually, when she got sick of having her ears drums raked she started teaching me how to play. Anyway, she died and in her will she wanted me to have her piano.

I was never told until it slipped out a couple weeks ago when my parents were drunk after my brother's birthday party.

My mom "...*drunken blabber*... my mother... your grandmother really wanted you to have that piano."
me "what?"
My mom "She wanted you to have the piano. Oh I fought for it, but no your father wouldn't have it"

I guess I was never told because he didn't want to tell me no and thought I'd be better off not knowing about it. :( I never played piano again either... it's a sad story, lol.

Also, they could have named me better. Atleast a name that wasn't so easily rhymed with "Whorey". I actually have just never liked me name but I guess that's kind of petty.

So what are some things you wish your parents did (or maybe told you about)when you were younger?

note: had an abortion/practiced safe sex are not answeres.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

I wish my mom had given me a shot of bleach and cyanide when i was in the delivery room
Old 02-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Banned

LONG POST AHEAD

Nope, can't say anything different.
Sure, I wish the bullshit that went on between my parents, and between them and me hadn't occured, but yknow...it's all over now, so it doesn't really matter.
However, I don't wish that they did anything different, AT ALL.

Why?

Let me tell you a story...
My parents split when I was 5 years old. I won't go into the reasons, but it did not end well.
My mother bounced from 1 month relationship to 1 month relationship, still bitter about her marriage (IMO), and basically ended up being too much of a bitch for her own good, I saw both good AND abad boyfriends go down the drain on account of her attitude, seriously, no man could stand her, and yknow who got the blame? Us kids! Time and again, but yknow, whatever, I either got used to it, or got OVER it...
After a year or two - she quit that bullshit for a while...until:

When I was about 8 years old, myself and my older sister were pulled out of the schools and away from all our friends, and had to move interstate (and when you're in Australia, interstate is a LONG way...go check a map) with my mother so she could be with this WONDERFUL new boyfriend of hers...I got to meet him all of THREE times before she decided to make this move...This guy...he ate cornflakes without sugar - as a kid, this was the first indicator that he was a weirdo.

After time, I realised that I hated him, and he hated me. Not like a burning "I'm gonna kill you" kinda hatred, but yeah...we didn't like eachother none too much.
He was a completely uptight jerk, AND a fucking geek, and was simply innept when it came to even TALKING to children...but hey, my theory is that after a slew of bad relationships (I won't even bother going into all of those), my self-esteem fucked mother would pretty much take anything she should get.
It gets worse.

His family was totally concdescending, an looked down at us like we were scum, simpy because we weren't fanatical, regular church going bible-bashers like they were...
I had to live under his roof until ?GUESS WHAT? he found out he'd knocked my mother up and had issues...guy was a complete asshole, an cheated on her like all the time. My mother stupidly defended all his actions and crawled back to him time and again...each time getting treated worse.
I hated seeing it...but anything I said fell upon deaf ears...I hated being there, but...same deal.
This went on for just about 5 years.
So he ended up royally dumping her ass to the curb, like a complete asshole, simply because she found out she was pregnant. So, back to Sydney we all went...

All the bullshit I had to go through, being totally unhappy...for both myself and my family, I would go through again.
Why?
Because I have never felt as closely bonded to ANY family member than I am with my brother, who resulted from all of this.
In a different time and place, he could be a completely different person, and I'd have missed out on knowing one of my best friends in the world...He's only 12 now...but so level headed and intelligent, honestly, I get a better conversation out of him than I do most people...his views on life are so mature, realistic and selfless, it's like looking at myself, if I were a better person.
When I hang out with him, I realise that all the shit I went through was worth it, and everything up until that point had happened for a reason.
"HALF-brother"?
FUCK THAT - This kid is closer to my soul than any other human being, and I'd die protecting him.

So, in closing - even going back to the chaos that initially went down between MY parents, even if we'd had the oppertunity to go back, and this time have the happy "perfect" life...I'd have given it up, knowing the trials I'd have to go through, and watch my family go through, just for the existence if my brother.

- B.

Last edited by ChEEbA; 02-28-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
I'm gonna sound like an ass...

I wish my parents didn't take my Explorer away from me and leave me with my sister's car.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Banned

i cant even answer this .

I spent my whole young life wishing i'd been born unto a different family ..

sure i survived - albiet with a couple of deep emotional scars ..
sure, it went a long way to making me what i am today.
(leading by negative example)

but i spent my life until i was 17 hating every second i was in that fucking house.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Evil Dead

I wish my Dad had taught us to speak Spanish. English was his second language but he never spoke Spanish our house and as a result, my family and I never learned how to speak it. Not even a little. Not even how to count to 10.
So now I'm in college trying to learn Spanish 30+ years too late.
Yeah, its not huge or anything but....you know....
Old 02-28-2005, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok

but i spent my life until i was 17 hating every second i was in that fucking house.
I've been pretty lucky. I can't think of a single "real" thing that I wish my parents did when I was younger. I'll admit that there has always been a lot of yelling and screaming in our family, but the serious shit has usually been kept to a minimum.

Nice story, Cheeba. (well it ends nice atleast right?) My brother and I are really close, I talk to him all the time about shit. Most of my friends can't even stand being in the same room as their brother which is kinda sad imo.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok

Damn thats rough man.....i kinda have the same situation..only i...dont want to be in this house. Too much grosse stuff happens here.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by knee jerk
I wish my Dad had taught us to speak Spanish. English was his second language but he never spoke Spanish our house and as a result, my family and I never learned how to speak it. Not even a little. Not even how to count to 10.
So now I'm in college trying to learn Spanish 30+ years too late.
Yeah, its not huge or anything but....you know....
It's not huge but exactly the answeres I wanted. I was looking for small stuff like that.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
Damn thats rough man.....i kinda have the same situation..only i...dont want to be in this house.
I went through that kind of. I never wanted to come home until late because I could only handle my dad when he was drunk. I'd come home to sleep basically :p I think a lot of kids go through it, glad it's over though.