Old 03-13-2019, 04:05 PM
That fucking Guy...

The Chucky doll

You know...for years, I've always thought
"Yeah...kick the fucking thing away, as long as it doesn't surprise you, you'll probably be alright"

Of course, this doesn't discount the fact that it could still be carrying a weapon that can physically hurt you, and it is capable of running etc. If you get stabbed or slashed by a sharp knife, strength of the individual is *less* of a factor.
If you get shot, well, assuming it can operate a gun...just as lethal.

Though...he seems to wield smaller weapons by choice.
Could be about the ability to conceal? I've never seen him carry something unbelievable heavy though...so this begs the question...

What is the dolls strength level?
Is it...just that the doll is now an animate object "posessed" so it can move around?
Does it have the proportional strength of say, a child around the same size of the doll?
Or is it more like ant-man/the atom, where he still has the "full strength" inside him, compressed into a smaller size?

Perhaps this is at varying levels depending on if he's more doll or human at the time?
On that poing...
How about his weight - does that start doll-like and get heavier as he's becoming human/doll?

Thoughts on this?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
You know...for years, I've always thought
"Yeah...kick the fucking thing away, as long as it doesn't surprise you, you'll probably be alright"

Of course, this doesn't discount the fact that it could still be carrying a weapon that can physically hurt you, and it is capable of running etc. If you get stabbed or slashed by a sharp knife, strength of the individual is *less* of a factor.
If you get shot, well, assuming it can operate a gun...just as lethal.

Though...he seems to wield smaller weapons by choice.
Could be about the ability to conceal? I've never seen him carry something unbelievable heavy though...so this begs the question...

What is the dolls strength level?
Is it...just that the doll is now an animate object "posessed" so it can move around?
Does it have the proportional strength of say, a child around the same size of the doll?
Or is it more like ant-man/the atom, where he still has the "full strength" inside him, compressed into a smaller size?

Perhaps this is at varying levels depending on if he's more doll or human at the time?
On that poing...
How about his weight - does that start doll-like and get heavier as he's becoming human/doll?

Thoughts on this?
First of all, you're completely insane.

Second, the doll is possessed by an entity, like how a spirit moves a planchette on a ouija board. The doll is still the doll. No change in weight. If that weren't the case, the doll would have changed to flesh and blood, or they'd discover it was really a robot.

What's the strength of the entity moving the doll? Just what you see in the movie... looks like average human stregth.

The entity thinks it's only the doll... If the entity runs into Morpheus, he'd ask it, 'Do you really think it's air you're breathing right now? Comeon! You're faster than this!' Then Chucky would become as strong as the Hulk, fast as Flash and start to fly like Tinker Bell.

Last edited by Sculpt; 03-14-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:36 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
First of all, you're completely insane.
There could be a percentage.

Quote:
Second, the doll is possessed by an entity, like how a spirit moves a planchette on a ouija board. The doll is still the doll. No change in weight. If that weren't the case, the doll would have changed to flesh and blood, or they'd discover it was really a robot.
I get that - but...the doll doesn't come with blood...this kind of happens over time as he's becoming human. Doll would mainly be hollow, right? Not a moving parts doll aside from the face. It'd be pretty "empty", but...when he's bleeding out the nose, or say when his hand gets ripped off in Childs Play 2, it all lends itself to the idea that the doll contains more corporeal mass, no?

Quote:
What's the strength of the entity moving the doll? Just what you see in the movie... looks like average human stregth.
So average guy = Average guy worth of strength in a doll. It would probably throw a pretty good punch then. This one was the most likely for me. Like "man strength" compressed into a doll.

Quote:
The entity thinks it's only the doll... If the entity runs into Morpheus, he'd ask it, 'Do you really think it's air you're breathing right now? Comeon!
You're faster than this!' Then Chucky would become as strong as the Hulk, fast as Flash and start to fly like Tinker Bell.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:02 AM
ventricle

I only saw Child's Play.

In that, he didn't bleed, I don't think. But like you said, his face moved like a regular doll would not, so who knows.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:25 AM
This is a test

I mainly saw just the first one as well. Bits and pieces of others. I was constantly shaking my head. Throw it in the bathroom , step on it, put it in a box etc. The mom did try throw him in the fire. Like Cheebs mentioned, chucky needed the element of shock or surprise.

Last edited by Bloof; 03-14-2019 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-14-2019, 01:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I mainly saw just the first one as well. Bits and pieces of others. I was constantly shaking my head. Throw it in the bathroom , step on it, put it in a box etc. The mom did try throw him in the fire. Like Cheebs mentioned, chucky needed the element of shock or surprise.
LOL very true. If Chucky is only holding a knife, I don't like his chances. I swift kick will send him flying, and good luck holding onto the knife. Grab him, strap the doll to a table and figure out how he works, maybe make millions.