Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Idiot Carjacks Cop

Man Hitches Ride In Patrol Car Then Steals It

Texas - Edward Baines scored two courtesy rides on the same day from deputies in Harris County, Texas. The first ride took him to a bus stop; the second ride took him to a jail cell.

According to Major Robert Van Pelt of the Harris County Sheriff's Department, a deputy spotted Baines, 26, loitering around an apartment complex on March 24 and issued him a trespass warning. The deputy then offered Baines a courtesy ride to a nearby bus stop.

When they arrived at the bus stop, the deputy attempted to let Baines out of the backseat. The suspect, however, allegedly knocked him to the ground and jumped into the front seat of the patrol car.

The deputy attempted to wrestle control of the vehicle from Baines, but was dragged through the street in the process. He eventually let go of the car and Baines drove off. The deputy suffered a broken left wrist and received abrasions to his shoulders, knees and face during the struggle, Van Pelt said.

Deputies later located the vehicle down the street from Baines' home. Baines was arrested without incident and charged with aggravated robbery and bodily injury. He's being held on $50,000 bond.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be