Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-20-2021, 08:59 AM
Little Boo

Best Horror Scenes: An ever growing collection of some of the best scenes in horror

I’ve been working for a few years on a collection of what I (and visitors that submit entries) feel are some of the best scenes from horror films throughout the years (or non-horror films that contain scenes worth featuring). It’s of course completely subjective and not in any way meant to be any kind of definitive list, but I know when I’m hungry for something I haven’t seen before, I really appreciate stumbling upon things like this that were curated by other Horror fans.

I have a long list of films that I want to cover in the coming days/weeks, but I would LOVE if you guys could recommend a film or, even better, a specific scene to feature. If I use the scene I’ll give you a “Suggested by:” credit (if you would like it) on the site and in the video. Ideally this collection would include just as many (or more!) scenes that were suggested by visitors as scenes that I select myself.

Also, much like Reddit, you can “Vote up” or “Vote down” the scenes that have been posted. In the near future I’ll be adding filtering and sorting to the project that would include things like: sorting by year, IMDB rating, title, date posted; search; view by director; and much more.

To suggest a scene, you can either use this form, or just suggest it here and let me know if you would like me to credit you for the suggestion. Optional: When you suggest the scene, you can leave me a short review to include, like the one I added to the latest feature, Let the Right One In (2008). If you have thoughts or ideas around ways to improve the project or the experience on the site, feel free to share!

The site: https://besthorrorscenes.com/

The site also includes an RSS feed if you like to keep up with things that way. You can also subscribe to the YouTube channel or the Vimeo showcase. Worth noting: Because I’m sharing short clips from films, YouTube will sometimes file a copyright claim on the videos I upload. Sometimes this means it just won’t be available in some countries. Other times it means I can’t upload it at all. In those instances, I still create an entry in the YouTube channel like this one and include a link to the full clip on my site. That way the folks that really only follow the project on YouTube (there are almost 4 thousand of them!) will still get updates and be able to watch the clip.

Thanks for reading, everyone! SO excited to see if we can get some good new suggestions!!