Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 01-28-2020, 03:23 PM
This is a test

Good point about John Saxon.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:07 AM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I thought of Skeleton Key (2005) but it was an old man that couldnt talk.
Yeah that's Skeleton Key, I remember not liking that ending at all.

Last edited by ImmortalSlasher; 01-29-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Church and Zowie's Owner

Sorry if I am not following the rules right, please move this if need be, but I am trying to identify a TV show. I thought it was from Dead Like Me, but it is not. In an episode, an untalented stand-up comic literally dies on stage by exploding for no reason after telling a bad joke, spontaneous combustion. I asked this all around and no one knows. I saw this mentioned on the Dead Like Me dedicated page on TV tropes, it said merely this, but for the life of me, I cannot identify this, I do not know why no one can. Does anyone here recall this from a Dead Like Me episode, or from a fairly obscure show, or perhaps from a similar show such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Supernatural? I would appreciate any help, thank you.
Old 02-02-2020, 05:17 PM
This is a test

Sorry, there's nothing that comes to mind for me.
Old 02-02-2020, 06:39 PM
Church and Zowie's Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Sorry, there's nothing that comes to mind for me.
You know, I just watched episode Death Defying, season 2 episode 10 and there is an arm wrestler who suffers a minor spontaneous combustion incident. He does not do standup, but when the incident happened, in the bar, a banner on the wall reads, "comedy night", so I think the person who mentioned this probably confused details. This must be it.

Last edited by Monstermaster; 02-02-2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: thought of something to say
Old 02-02-2020, 07:29 PM
Church and Zowie's Owner

O-k guys, here's a challenge, but I need your help, o-k. I had this book in my Kindle collection, or have, but for the life of me, I cannot remember the cover, the publication year, the name of the collection, the author, or the title, big help, I know. What I do know; however, is that I remember reading this in 2016-17, it was fairly new when I read it. It is horror, perhaps with elements of science fiction. It is a short story. This is all I can remember. A man (I think a father) jumps off something, a balcony I think, and it was ruled as suicide. The son (I think he had two) was seen talking with his mother watching the news. However, his mother cried out and told him to look down at himself, I think his name is Eli, maybe, his arms and legs were slowly disappearing (something like "Eli (or whatever his name was), look down at yourself", or something like that). That is all I can remember, I do not know the ending.

The collection, the Seer of Possibilities - And Other Disturbing Tales, by Thomas O, and Choose Your Doom: Collected Short Stories - Picking Stories for the Apocalypse, both seem familiar, but neither is it. I checked. For some reason apocalypse keeps on popping up. I cannot remember the cover, but I asked all around, and someone on another site recalls reading a story such as this one, but cannot remember almost anything, but they recall that the cover is monochrome.

I findled around my Kindle to check, but since I cannot remember any vital information, I cannot find anything. I have considered some story collections that I did return though the Twisted Endings series by Timothy D. Mc Lendon, Small Horrors: A Collection of Fifty Creepy Stories by Darcy Coates, 86 Short Horror Stories by Zahid Zaman, Some Will Not Sleep: Selected Horrors by Adam Nevill, and the Shadows and Teeth – Ten Terrifying Tales of Horror and Suspense trilogy.

I checked with my local library, and this person was so helpful and kind. She did ask approximately 500 librarians though and no one knew. As I said I asked all around, but no one knows what I am talking about. I remember reading this vividly and no I was not dreaming. Can you horror fans please help me? I know this is on the tip of my tongue, but nothing is popping up. Thank you.

Edited: I posted this question on Yahoo answers, two days ago and one person told me that the horror author Joe Hill (he wrote Dark Carousel) writes these types of stories, but I do not know if that is not from him. Another from another site that he vaguely remembers reading this story, but cannot recall the title, he does remember the cover having a monochrome look, being white on the top and some other color around, probably black or red, if that helps. Something tells me it is one of the Twisted Endings books that I mentioned earlier, but unfortunately, they are unavailable for downloaded on Amazon Kindle, of where I originally downloaded them. Can someone please help me with this? This must be familiar to at least somebody here.

Last edited by Monstermaster; 02-06-2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: put in more information
Old 02-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Church and Zowie's Owner

Nothing? Why did I bother asking this if no one in the world even knows what it is? I know I did not imagine this, someone just has to know what this story is. I will see if I can ask this on another horror site.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Church and Zowie's Owner

O-k, having asked this on this horror site, and recently on two others, no one knows. I cannot believe that this does not ring any bells for anyone. Someone on Yahoo answers; however, was kind enough to mention that horror writer Joe Hill of Dark Carousel writes these type of this stories, and someone on another who recalls reading something like this, said that though they cannot remember basically anything, they can remember that the cover had a monochrome appearance, largely white with some design in the middle in darker color, covered about a quarter to a third of the cover, and was centered. That must help spark things for all of you. I would truly appreciate any help.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:45 PM
That fucking Guy...

I mean, it's not sparking anything for YOU the one that supposedly liked the thing...so bit harsh in your assessment...surely it should ring a bell for you just the same. Maybe you're just not very good at describing things?

Either way. Doesn't this kindle thing have a way of telling you what you've read out of your existing collection?
Seems like doing a bit of footwork here would probably get you your answer.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Church and Zowie's Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I mean, it's not sparking anything for YOU the one that supposedly liked the thing...so bit harsh in your assessment...surely it should ring a bell for you just the same. Maybe you're just not very good at describing things?

Either way. Doesn't this kindle thing have a way of telling you what you've read out of your existing collection?
Seems like doing a bit of footwork here would probably get you your answer.
Sorry, I do not mean to sound so impatient and judgmental, I am just surprised that rarely anyone has helped me with this, and it does not seem familiar to practically anyone, except the person who recalled the appearance of the cover (the monochrome look). Unfortunately, Kindle does not have a way of telling me that, it has a list of things I downloaded, yes, but I have downloaded so many books on my Kindle since then, and I tried searching through almost my entire short story collections.

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods