Old 02-01-2006, 03:18 AM
That fucking Guy...

My main problem...as always, is that the level of contribution to the site was minimal, or in this case nonexistant prior to the person in question "pimping" their work. You can't just say "ok, so these people are horror fans, so it's all cool to throw anything horror related their way, and expect them to lap it up"
I'm all for people into independant film to have a good go at it, the results may vary, but hey, I find a lot of independant films a very rewarding watch. However, I'm also all for proper decorum.
When there's been no contact whatsoever, no discussion, no exchange of ideas prior to presenting me/us with this information, it comes across to me as a little souless, as though the fact we are more than merely customers/targets is irrelevant ...not the best comparison, but it's like if you were to chat a chick up by saying "sooo....you're female...see, I got a dick here, now fuck me!!!"
Get to know her first, buy her a drink or two, then hit her with your ulterior motive.
I believe that regardless of independant film-makers out there not having the easiest of times with promotion, and putting a lot of personal finance and effort into their work, that being too foward is simply rude, no matter what the scenario.

I wish you good luck, and hope that you will understand that first impressions are important, for future reference.
Approach with caution, know your target,....be the ball, or some such whateverthefuck.
;)
Old 02-01-2006, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

depends on why they are here, are they here to join the community or simply to pimp their wares.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Now she has us.

I'm not bothered about the spamming or promotion, as long as it's in this section.... didn't we decide it was ok for people involved in new films/productions to post in the Indie? Keeps it all in one place.

sounds like I've 'change my tune' but it used to get spammed all over the place before, and that was annoying.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 02-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
depends on why they are here, are they here to join the community or simply to pimp their wares.
lately - the latter option seems better :p
Old 02-01-2006, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 50BCPRODUCTIONS
My last post here ...if you guys want to keep talking about this,that would be great!
..bye bye
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Banned

you know what ...

this could be a unique chance to meet people who's work we may come to see and like ..
probably not many - but it's a possibility.

IF they research HDC enough to know that they pimp their stuff in this fourm ONLY
IF they present themselves honestly...

who knows .. maybe these guys would stay and dig in if folks started a dialogue about their flick.

This is not a very busy spot on the forum ... if these guys generate a little traffic what of it ?

No one is forcing us to read it - it really isnt very intrusive ...

I think this is the place to pimp.

The one's i dont like are the morons who spam all over the different forums .. and the one's i REALLY hate are the one's who try to come off as if it was just some wonderful thing they happened upon, instead of just stating honestly that they are the filmakers, or friends of.

an honest approach at sharing what could potentially be an interesting project does seem appropriate for a horror forum if done properly.

I really dont think they have to be pals with everyone first ...

if what they're selling is shit - then they'll get a good honest opinion from the people here ...that should provide much needed fun for all the little forum bulldogs ...
Old 02-01-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok

IF they research HDC enough to know that they pimp their stuff in this fourm ONLY
IF they present themselves honestly...

who knows .. maybe these guys would stay and dig in if folks started a dialogue about their flick.

the problem with this guy is that he started to pimp his link in other threads too...
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...threadid=20132
Old 02-01-2006, 04:07 PM
GRAVE DANCER

This whole thing seems pointless to me. Yea hes posting about his movie. But hes an independent filmmaker. He needs to get his movie out thier somehow. Ive talked to this guy before and hes really horror smart. Much more than me. And he would have been a good member. It kind of makes me sad that this happened.
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest
Old 02-01-2006, 05:45 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Quote:
Originally posted by 50BCPRODUCTIONS
And to "THE STE":Would I go up to a group of strangers and start talking about my film?
No,of course not.
Would I go up to a group of Horror fans and start talking about my film?
Damn staight.
True Horror fans would give a shit,regardless of the film or whoevers talking about it because its all about Horror isnt it?
no

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 02-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
i don't really no what to say to this. so... yeah... the spam stuff bothers me to no end, so, maybe there should be a section where people like that can post their stuff, and not bother to post it anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real