Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Scares Little Kids

Arrow Just got both my books published!

Yeah, yeah, I know ... first post newbie. :rolleyes: But what better place to help get the word out about my horror novels.

Still working out the kinks with Amazon's Kindle site, but both are now available on another Ebook site, Smashwords (which, btw, also allows for Kindle download).

Sometime between the years 1564 and 1570 an unknown illness was spreading throughout the Northeast, infecting much of the region's Native population. Immunities to what the white man brought with them were weak, and as a result thousands perished in its wake. Survivors were left to contend with the scores of dead, and an aftermath which gave rise to an ominous legend.

The Abenaki tell of the Cheenoo; the Micmac know the Gugwes; the Strendu were said to be the averred enemy of the Huron and Wyandot – all relate dreaded accounts of of those able to rend the earth in fury, of cannibal giants, guardians of the land. And for years it remained just that – a legend – spoken of today with tongue-in-cheek and a good roll of the eyes.

But now, with a recent rash of bizarre animal mutilations, those of a small New England community are on edge. While authorities warn all residents to be on the lookout for what is believed to be a rogue black bear, and urge that family pets be kept indoors at night, some old-timers haven't forgotten the sightings of the late 1930's, nor, for that matter, of the frantic search for two little girls who went missing without a trace more than six decades ago. They know better than to scoff at the local Indian lore, because that which is taken lightly here in the North Country, has a way of biting back.

$3.99 @ Smashwords

Darktime is trucker lingo for the hours between dusk and dawn; the hours where the things that go bump in the night come out to play, while all else has settled into deepest slumber.

After another drawn out day of big road driving, the only thing on Shane Dobbins' mind is sleep, finding a quiet place to park for the night and crawling into the cramped sleeper of his rig for some much needed shuteye. The last thing he could have expected is to be awakened by a frantic pounding on his door and cries for help.

The girl he warily allows into his truck was running from something that has since slipped back into the shadows. The story she lays on him, however, of mysterious attackers, and being dragged down a path in the woods is more than enough to pique his curiosity and desire to help.

But who is she? What's she doing out here so far from town? And, more importantly, who is after her and why?

The only thing Shane came be sure of is that it's going to be a very long night.

$2.99 @ Smashwords
Old 03-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
Sounds like interesting books. I like the covers as well. Do they exist in printed format to or just as downlodable books?
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 03-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Scares Little Kids

Just ebook for now. We'll see about later.

I'm still waiting on the movie deals. :D
Old 03-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
Well personally I prefer physical books, the look and smell of them you know, the feeling of real paper in your hands. But I do realize that if I exclusively read paper books then I will be missing out so I do have a ebook reader. I will keep your books in mind. And good luck with them. :D
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@