Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2010, 05:01 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Condemned 2" 7/10

Liked the constant change of scenery. And the mannequins in the hotel.

What i didn't like was the lack of horror in many of the chapters. The same way i felt about "Fear 1&2" and "Bioshock". More action than horror.

I prefer the "silent hill"/"fatal frame" style in horror games.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:30 AM
Banned

I didn't actually beat it but I caught the end of my 13 yr old son beating Halo Reach. The little fucker beat it in less than 15 hours.:eek:
Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
I didn't actually beat it but I caught the end of my 13 yr old son beating Halo Reach. The little fucker beat it in less than 15 hours.:eek:
was it on legendary?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:33 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Spiderman: Web of Shadows (PS2)

Very short, very easy and very simple. I do enjoy a good ol' side scrolling beat 'em up so I had some fun with it, I just wish there was a little more meat to it.

Apparently its much better on the current gen systems though...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:44 PM
For Vendetta

Far Cry 2 last night.

Personally, I preferred 1. All the continuous driving through Africa's countrysides made the game pretty repetitive. (Get to bus station, drive out, encounter with patrols, fight and rob...again and again and again, etc.)

The missions were a challenge though, pretty tough to beat. And a great ending to boot.

The Dunia engine used for this game was fantastic. Some jaw-dropping shots of the sun rising and setting over the horizon had me in absolute awe.

Damn malaria...
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Personally, I preferred 1.
I preferred one for many more reasons than what you've stated...#2 is just not my type of game...I'm hoping for an actual sequel to the first one, one day.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:01 AM
For Vendetta

Yeh I know what you are saying, Cheebs. The first one had a great storyline and combined plenty of horror elements with fast-paced action (ala Return to Castle Wolfenstein). That's one main thing 2 lacked.

TBH it just didn't feel like a sequel. You could name it anything else and it would be just that - another Delta Force-like action game, with a big nod to the current state of affairs in African countries. Action gamers might have loved 2 but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Misanthrope

Last one I finished was Far Cry funnily enough. The last few levels were fucking hard!

That's a shame you guys were disappointed with the second game. I've been looking forward to picking it up because I loved the first one so much. Still I'll give it a blast seeing as it's a cheap title now.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
That's a shame you guys were disappointed with the second game. I've been looking forward to picking it up because I loved the first one so much.
That's the problem most fans of the first had with it - FC2 is in no way related to, or anything like, the first one. They're both FPS games, they're both in a relatively open world, but while the first one is action/horror/scifi, the second is simply a military shooter with nothing weird or unusual about it...personally I don't even think they SHOULD have called it Far Cry 2 as it's no kind of sequel at all, and the gameplay is vastly different.
Maybe check it out on youtube before you bother picking it up, if it's not too late already...
I've heard more people relating to "Crysis" as a more similar game to the original FC.

I just finished "Enslaved - Odyssey to the West".
Despite a few minor issues, and the fact it's a relatively structured and linear game, I found it great fun, enjoyed the graphics and scenery, the action was ok, the storyline good, and the boss fights were really well done.
I would hope for a sequel...
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Misanthrope

I'll give it a spin anyways seeing as it's going for as little as $10 in a few places.

Still got a bunch of games to get thru in the meantime.

You should definitely give Shank a blast I think you'd dig it.