Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-16-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Many of John Carpenter's movies are classics. There are still a few that I haven't seen and one or two misses. But when he hits, he really makes something that has to be seen. They Live never gets old.

Did you finish the movie?

I love the music in Terminator. I was listening to it yesterday as I'm getting a poster. It's the best Terminator poster that I've seen.

http://www.davincisdreams.com
I did indeed finish it and was glad I did. Great stuff. Also love the music from Terminator.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Hellraiser

Bride of Re-Animator (1989) - 9/10

Old 04-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Blood for Dracula- 1974. I've been looking for this movie everywhere. So glad I found it!
Old 04-21-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Blood for Dracula- 1974. I've been looking for this movie everywhere. So glad I found it!
You might want to check out "Flesh for Frankenstein ". A lot of the same actors. I loved them both.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:14 AM
Evil Dead

STAR TREK (1979). Despite a wonderful Jerry Goldsmith score and good Trumball/Dykstra FX, this a sluggish haul indeed and quite a missed opportunity. Even my Wife, who loves the original series was fidgeting and looking around...have heard THE WRATH OF KHAN is better and will see when it arrives. **
Old 04-22-2016, 04:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
STAR TREK (1979). Despite a wonderful Jerry Goldsmith score and good Trumball/Dykstra FX, this a sluggish haul indeed and quite a missed opportunity. Even my Wife, who loves the original series was fidgeting and looking around...have heard THE WRATH OF KHAN is better and will see when it arrives. **
I know what you mean. Star Trek 79 is a big screen film. There's plenty of wonderment in it. I like it a lot. It probably should have been edited down, but for me its big screen visuals, concepts and sci-fi wonderment beat the hoard of silly cheesey content in Star Treks that came after.

Wrath of Khan was the best of the original cast. It had good balance. I think you both will like it a lot. There's aspects of it that haven't aged well, but it's still the best. First Contact is worthy challenger.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-22-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:55 PM

AMMAVASAI IRAVIL 1989

A bollywood version of 1985's Fright Night. I'd been looking for this for awhile. There are no subs but I've seen FN enough times so that wasn't a problem. Totally bollywood but pretty true to the original. Not bad.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:57 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
If you're not famililar with the Star Trek movies, there's an odd pattern to them. The even movies tend to be great (the 4th being my favorite), while the odd numbered are either terrible or just dull. I don't remember the first being terrible, but my God was I bored. I'd rather stick on one of the silliest episodes from the original series on repeat.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-22-2016, 08:58 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
AMMAVASAI IRAVIL 1989

A bollywood version of 1985's Fright Night. I'd been looking for this for awhile. There are no subs but I've seen FN enough times so that wasn't a problem. Totally bollywood but pretty true to the original. Not bad.
Ha! Was it a musical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
If you're not famililar with the Star Trek movies, there's an odd pattern to them. The even movies tend to be great (the 4th being my favorite), while the odd numbered are either terrible or just dull. I don't remember the first being terrible, but my God was I bored. I'd rather stick on one of the silliest episodes from the original series on repeat.
Hadn't considered that. I tended to like 1, 2 and ST6 Undiscovered Country and ST8 First Contact. Otherwise, the rest vary from decent to uncomfortable.

I didn't know you were an Org Series ST fan. What's some of your favorite eps?

Old 04-22-2016, 09:53 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Eye in the Labyrinth aka L'occhio nel labirinto (1972)

Very average Giallo featuring Adolfo Celi, Thunderball (1965) villain!

>>: C