Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Hellraiser

Mr Macabre's Books - FREE BOOK

Hi!

My name is David Haynes and I'm an independent writer from the UK.

I run a blog dedicated to my writing and the inspiration behind it. It's still in the early days but it'd be great if you had chance to have a look.
http://macabrecollection.blogspot.co.uk

I apologise of this is a long thread but rather than making separate entries I'll try and keep things tidy (ish)

My first three horror books are tributes to the Penny Dreadful Victorian Gothic books and are as follows,

Mask of the Macabre

Four short tales of Victorian terror, each bound to the other by a chilling thread.

The date is January 10th 1866 and the snow is falling thick on the blood soaked streets of a murderous London...

Mask of The Macabre - A travelling magician appears with a gruesome show. But what secret does it hide?

Doctor Harvey - Bethlem lunatic asylum's newest patient has a story to tell, but how will he tell it to his doctor?

Memento Mori - A photographer is given a mysterious assignment with disturbing consequences.

The New Costume. - The entertainer discovers a new string to his bow and gives the finest performance of his career.

(13,000 words in total) 77p/99c

Ballet of the Bones

Four short tales of Victorian terror, each bound to the other by a chilling thread.

London suffocates under the festering reek of its bursting graveyards.

Ballet of the Bones - The curtain goes up on the greatest show on earth, but is everything all it seems?

The Bone House - The grave digger reflects on his morbid life, but what does his future hold?

The Engineer - His creations are beautiful, intricate and for a discerning palate.

Encore - The director makes ready for the end of the show.

13,700 words. 77p/99c

Séance of the Souls

January 7th 1855
Brookwood Cemetery, London.

A boy weeps beside the grave of his dead father; his infant sister clings to his leg. It is another pitiless blow for a life already stained with blood.

When all those you hold dear have been taken from you, where do you find solace?

In the arms of the dead, for the living no longer care.

A story of Victorian terror, where all is not quite as it seems...

This is novella length and totals approximately, 21,500 words 99p/$1.49

I also put them all together to form The Macabre Collection

which is available to buy at £1.53 or $2.99

Finally I published my fourth title yesterday.

The Scream of Angels

Montmartre, Paris 1901

The city is alive with the spirit of La Belle Epoque - the beautiful era. It is a decadent time of artists and thinkers, of poets and dreamers.

It is also a time for blood.

The mysterious aristocrat Lord Cresswell offers struggling writer, Robert Bishop a position within Le Grand Guignol theatre, an ancient establishment famed for its bloodthirsty productions and the tortured cries of terror from its patrons.

When he accepts the position, Bishop is thrown into a horrifying mystery. A mystery in which the demons from his own dark past threaten to destroy his soul. £1.53/2.99

Thanks for looking and if you're interested you can buy them from the links on my blog or the ones below. If you want to get in touch, please do I love to hear from anyone about more or less anything! Cheers.

UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/David-Haynes..._athr_dp_pel_1

US/AUS/SA - http://www.amazon.com/David-Haynes/e..._athr_dp_pel_1

Last edited by Mr Macabre; 10-12-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Cranky

Nikce list there, Mr. Macbre. Welcome to the forum.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Hellraiser

Thank you! It looks like a great place to come. Just finding my way about.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 AM
Hellraiser

Sorry to openly boast but...

I've just had this review for my new release. For a horror writer its perfect!:D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read 9 Aug 2013
By ElaineG TOP 100 REVIEWER
Format:Kindle Edition
Having already read and loved all of David Haynes work, including his set of short stories "The Macabre Collection", I was intrigued to read this, his full length gothic horror novel. I have to say that with this type of story, I think he has found his niche. I do love the way he writes, extremely atmospheric and suitable for the times the story is set in. You could almost be forgiven for thinking that this is a long lost novel that has been lurking on your grandparent's bookshelves for the best part of a century, and not a story that has been sweated over in the 21st century.

The action this time shifts to turn of the 20th century Montmartre for this book and, again, we are treated to a chilling festival of blood curdling brutality, all in the name of "entertainment". At the centre of the story we have an English writer who is working in France as the plays he writes for the theatre are deemed too bloodthirsty and horrific for the English audience. The story is savage, twice in the first 10 pages in fact I found myself wincing and having to put the book down for a second or two to catch my breath. At that point I found myself thinking "I can't read any more of this ....." with my finger hovering over the delete button, only to click straight back into it again to find out what was going to happen next. The story flows well and moves to an excellent conclusion which doesn't leave any loose ends, just a feeling of relief that the story is over. And, I have to stress that I mean that in a good way!

To sum up this is an excellent read and even though I have read The Macabre Collection and knew the goriness that was coming my way, it is one I had to "woman up" for and remind myself that I am NOT a wimp, and that this is not real and that nobody is lurking round the corner, waiting to come and get me in the night
Old 08-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Hellraiser

For anyone who fancies trying my Novella, Seance of the Souls. I've dropped it in price to 77p / 99c for the next few weeks.
You can get it from Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Seance-of-the-...glink126429-20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CQ3X5YM
Old 09-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Hellraiser

The Macabre Collection (Box set) SALE ON!

I've dropped the price of my box set The Macabre Collection to 77p or 99c until the end I'd September! It contains my three novellas and here's the blurb.

Step onto the shadowy streets of Victorian London and experience the terror of The Macabre Collection.

Three Books of horror for your dark and delicious entertainment. Dare you step inside...?

The date is January 10th 1866 and the snow is falling thick on the blood soaked streets of London.

Take your seats for the magician's mysterious show in Mask of the Macabre.

Suffocate under the festering reek of London's bursting graveyards in Ballet of the Bones.

Witness the horror of a man driven to madness by the loss of those he holds dear in Seance of the Souls.

Its a massive bargain!
http://www.amazon.com/Macabre-Collec...=UTF8&sr=&qid=

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D7EJQUQ

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id685391742
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...bre-collection
Old 09-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Hellraiser

Just a little reminder. The Macabre Collection is still on sale for 99c or 77p!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Bastion1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Macabre View Post
Sorry to openly boast but...

I've just had this review for my new release. For a horror writer its perfect!:D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read 9 Aug 2013
By ElaineG TOP 100 REVIEWER
Format:Kindle Edition
Having already read and loved all of David Haynes work, including his set of short stories "The Macabre Collection", I was intrigued to read this, his full length gothic horror novel. I have to say that with this type of story, I think he has found his niche. I do love the way he writes, extremely atmospheric and suitable for the times the story is set in. You could almost be forgiven for thinking that this is a long lost novel that has been lurking on your grandparent's bookshelves for the best part of a century, and not a story that has been sweated over in the 21st century.

The action this time shifts to turn of the 20th century Montmartre for this book and, again, we are treated to a chilling festival of blood curdling brutality, all in the name of "entertainment". At the centre of the story we have an English writer who is working in France as the plays he writes for the theatre are deemed too bloodthirsty and horrific for the English audience. The story is savage, twice in the first 10 pages in fact I found myself wincing and having to put the book down for a second or two to catch my breath. At that point I found myself thinking "I can't read any more of this ....." with my finger hovering over the delete button, only to click straight back into it again to find out what was going to happen next. The story flows well and moves to an excellent conclusion which doesn't leave any loose ends, just a feeling of relief that the story is over. And, I have to stress that I mean that in a good way!

To sum up this is an excellent read and even though I have read The Macabre Collection and knew the goriness that was coming my way, it is one I had to "woman up" for and remind myself that I am NOT a wimp, and that this is not real and that nobody is lurking round the corner, waiting to come and get me in the night
Congrats on the good reviews! I am downloading them now to check them out. Keep at it and I wish you great success.

"A wonderfully twisted spin on a beloved tale. It was sick and gruesome and I absolutely loved it. A breath of fresh air for the horror genre."
- Jesse Miller, MORE HORROR

"One of the most terrifying novels you will ever read"
-Martyn Wakefield, BLOOD GUTS
Old 09-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Hellraiser

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the stories!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Bastion1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Macabre View Post
Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the stories!
I started reading this afternoon (admittedly only a chapter in) and have to say that I am really enjoying your writing style and I am excited to read more. The texture of your writing is quite colorful.

"A wonderfully twisted spin on a beloved tale. It was sick and gruesome and I absolutely loved it. A breath of fresh air for the horror genre."
- Jesse Miller, MORE HORROR

"One of the most terrifying novels you will ever read"
-Martyn Wakefield, BLOOD GUTS