Old 09-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Banned

The Upper Footage Review

The Upper Footage is a found footage style thriller you can rent on Vimeo. This is the kinda movie I love to support! Underground, independent and with an aggressive marketing campaign.

I was at first hesitant to watch this movie. I have had trouble with found footage movies in past like the latest Paranormal Activity where I got violently ill from motion sickness. It was suggested that I watch this movie on the computer and I don't know if that made a difference but I did not feel ill watching this movie. It is probably due to the skill of the camera handlers and also the director who must have spent a long time on the blocking and action.

The movie tells the story of a group of wealthy socialites out on the town in a drug and alcohol fueled bender. They drive around in a limo talking shit and acting like fools as they hit the clubs and score cocaine. Along the way they pick up a young woman and bring her back to the pad to keep the party going all night. The young woman they picked up overdoses and everybody goes into a coked out freak out and I won't spoil what happens next.

Where this movie really shines is in it's elaborate back story about the video footage. It involves youtube blackmail as well as several celebrities and media outlets. You really get hooked and believe that maybe the footage is actually real! This is the best use of the found footage concept since Blair Witch in this regard.

Def check this movie out!!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:51 AM
Evil Dead

not saying it's the same for this movie; but i often wonder why film posters have loads of 5 star ratings on when the film turns out to be piss poor, who and why does someone decide to give rubbish 5 stars? I don't just mean in my view either, you'll see films on imdb with a 3 or 4 rating that have '5 stars' all over them.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
not saying it's the same for this movie; but i often wonder why film posters have loads of 5 star ratings on when the film turns out to be piss poor, who and why does someone decide to give rubbish 5 stars? I don't just mean in my view either, you'll see films on imdb with a 3 or 4 rating that have '5 stars' all over them.
There is at least one person in the world that thinks a particular movie is worthy of 5 stars.