Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 02-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Used Syringes Found In Macaroni And Cheese

Used Syringes Found In Macaroni And Cheese

STAYTON, Ore. -- Police in a Salem suburb are investigating a possible case of food tampering after a Stayton woman found used syringes in a box of macaroni and cheese.
Tara Ebner makes mac and cheese for her two kids all the time. But a few days ago, she was down to her last box -- Western Family brand, bought several months ago. She ripped open the sealed lid.

"When I squeezed the box, there was two syringes sticking up out of the macaroni and cheese," Ebner said.

The two syringes are now police evidence.

"The syringes are capped still, but the needles are missing and the plungers have been broken off, but they are still used, you can see some residue inside the syringe," Detective Jason Hess said.

Stayton police say the residue tested positive for amphetamines.

Detectives are now working with Western Family to figure out where and when the syringes were put in the box.

The mac and cheese was sold at the Roth's IGA in Stayton and came from the Western Family Foods distribution center in Tigard. Before that, Western Family isn't sure where the mac and cheese was made. It could have come from a number of manufacturing plants outside Oregon.

The president and CEO of the company told us that it will take a couple of days to track the product's history.

Roth's IGA has pulled all suspect products off its shelves and is also working with Western Family.

Meanwhile, Ebner is waiting for answers.

"My thing is if my son would have been poked with one of those needles there's nothing that could have replaced what could have happened to him. I'm just very angry that it happened. I think they should be more careful about who's doing what for their company," she said.

Ebner says she won't stop buying mac and cheese, she'll just be more careful when she opens the box.

Western Family will use the lot number on the box to track the mac and cheese to its source. If you'd like to check your cupboards, that lot number is 071403-3c.

Western Family Foods hopes to have more information on where the box came from by the end of the week.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be