Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-26-2004, 01:28 PM
Ninja Wizard

Send a message via AIM to Death By Jell-O Send a message via Yahoo to Death By Jell-O
Seems to me that Digital would have it's ups and downs.......You'd get a lot better picture to start with, so it would be a lot easier to clean up.....Add to that about any filter you can imagine and you have a lot of options......You can make digital look however you want.......Just about anyone with a digital camcorder, and a computer can make a movie, where as celluloid would require a bunch of special equipment, not to mention the developing and having to clean up the graniness that celluloid is known for......Seems to me that digital would be quite a bit easier to work with, and the possibilities of what you can do with it are vastly greater than that of film......I think it will soon take over, although I doubt celluloid film will ever completely go away.....

Quote:
Originally Stolen From UrgeOK
Standard Disclaimer.

we the undersigned realize that a woman is a complete being - not a group of individual parts.
We enjoy every aspects of the women and respect them as people. Any mention of specific bodyparts does not diminish this fact.

thank you, the management.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

i'm sure programs or whatever will be developed to recreate the exact look and feel of celluloid ... iif it hasnt already been ..
Old 11-26-2004, 05:31 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
with the colour and picture filters on Ulead I'm sure you could get it to look like film

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 11-27-2004, 10:33 AM
Ninja Wizard

Send a message via AIM to Death By Jell-O Send a message via Yahoo to Death By Jell-O
Duplicating Film Digitally is very easy.....It's pretty much a point and click filter as far as I remember......

Quote:
Standard Disclaimer.

we the undersigned realize that a woman is a complete being - not a group of individual parts.
We enjoy every aspects of the women and respect them as people. Any mention of specific bodyparts does not diminish this fact.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:38 AM
The Emperor of America

not quite. It's filtering, but there's not just one filter. There's an "old film" filter, but it's mostly monochromatic and looks almost cartoonish. I'm working on getting a combination down where it will look more like regular type film, but it's still a work in progress

===

Old 11-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Ninja Wizard

Some of the ulead filters seem to be a little cumbersome and time consuming to reach the desired effect.......But once you get it, the effect looks really good......

Quote:
Standard Disclaimer.

Old 11-27-2004, 12:48 PM
The Emperor of America

yeah, I was doing an AKIRA AMV, and for part of it I wanted it to be 4:3 and look like old TV, and it took me a half hour to get it to look right.

My main project right now is to do ghosts, or whatever transparent type people you want. I think I've got it in theory, but I don't have access to the camera to test it.

EDIT: I think I've got it looking pretty film-like. Try:
Hue & Saturation: 10, 10
DiffuseGlow: 20, 1, 1

And for the widescreen, I do 100%, 75%

===

Last edited by The STE; 11-27-2004 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
yeah, I was doing an AKIRA AMV, and for part of it I wanted it to be 4:3 and look like old TV, and it took me a half hour to get it to look right.

what does that mean ? what project were you converting to look like old TV ?

(and the software used to do it)
Old 11-28-2004, 06:19 PM
The Emperor of America

I was using Ulead 8, and footage from AKIRA, to do an AMV (Anime Music Video), for the first part of the video, I wanted it to look like old TV footage (4:3 ratio, bad quality, kindof a blueish colour, etc), but since my source footage was the SE DVD, it took some work to get it to look how I wanted. I used the cropping, the duotone and some other filters to get it to look right

===

Old 11-29-2004, 05:05 AM
Banned

what music are you using ?

is this a popular thing ? AMV ?

I feel so unplugged ...