Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-25-2013, 03:10 AM
Evil Dead

PG-13 Hellraiser remake??! NO!

Yup, a Hellraiser remake might be in the works, maybe, with Clive Barker writing and Doug Bradley back as Pinhead. ...

..OK that PG-13 thing might have been an exaggeration on my part. Just a little something to make sure you are awake. Look at it this way, I made the news extra good for you when you realized there was no way this Hellraiser is going to be PG-13 because you went from extreme disappointment to extreme delight instead of just a baseline to regular delight. You can't fully appreciate the peak of the mountains until you have been to the bottom of the valley.

Oh crap, looks like this is old news!

Last edited by shadyJ; 10-25-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: old news
Old 10-29-2013, 12:15 AM
The Undead

So is this movie going to happen or not?!?!?!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:15 PM
The Jackal

Clive Barker wrote the Hellbound Heart. He adapted that into the original Hellraiser. He directed the original Hellraiser so keenly because he knew how it was meant to happen. It was his baby and every sequel that followed just bastardized the mythos more and more. Unless Clive Barker directs this new one then it most likely wont turn out right. Only on rare occasions in the past have Clive Barker stories transitioned to cinema properly. Unfortunately I have found that a film is only as good as its director. On rare occasions that rule is broken, but not often enough for me to have hope for this film.

www.youtube.com/thedeadarewatching
Old 12-11-2013, 09:43 AM
HDC Idol

I find the original movie to be overrated.

LOVE the Cenobites but hate pretty much everything else.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Banned

The remake is on the back burner as Barker works on the script for Zombies vs. Gladiators.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Evil Dead

Instead of a remake, I would rather see it as a story that is tied into the original. I'm not going to bitch about remakes because it is what it is, I just wish writers would be more creative and focus more on tying into originals. Just think of the fantastic movies that could be created this way.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Scares Little Kids

If this is definitely PG-13, then I am going to skip it. It had gore in the original, and if they take it out, then it ruins the whole concept of this movie. I will not watch a washed down from the original horror movie. This is getting stupid with PG-13 horror taking over.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Barker
“I think the phrase is ‘reboot,’ although I’ve never really understood what that meant,” he says. “I wanted to make sure we sounded some fresh notes. The movie actually begins on Devil’s Island. I wanted to fold into the Hellraiser narrative something about the guy—the Frenchman Lemarchand—who made the mysterious box, which raises Pinhead. I figured, ‘Well, what would have happened to him?’ He might well have been taken to Devil’s Island and I thought that would be a pretty cool place to start the movie. We’re waiting for Bob to come back to us and see when we’re going to actually make the movie.”
Source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...rs-hellraiser/

Could be interesting.
Does anyone knows what Devil's Island is?
Old 11-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Immortal horror fan

I had to look up Devil's Island when I read that news story a few days ago. I look forward to the remake. I just watched almost all of the Hellraiser movies last month. I passed on Part 9. At least for now. I'll post mini reviews soon in the watched area.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 PM
Little Boo

As long as Doug Bradley plays Pinhead, I will totally watch another hellraiser. As other's have already noted, I fear for its quality. I am however in support of a remake for hellraiser since I feel a couple scenes were weak and some plot points brought up later on in the series could have been hinted or suggested earlier in the series. There seemed very loosey goosey and awkward ways/times for things to be elaborated. I loved hellraiser series, especially the original quartet of cenobites so getting to rewatch them again would be such a sight.