Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-04-2021, 08:30 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
This scene reminds me of the one in Roadhouse.

Thumb resize.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Within
Old 11-06-2021, 02:01 PM
Evil Dead

06/05

Theo Van Gogh proved his capabilities as a filmmaker with 0605.

A solid thriller based on a political murder, something that should always be so exceptional that it causes the kind of shock and upheaval that Van Gogh captures well.

An unlikely hero just happens to be close by when it happens. Then a few things don't exactly add up, resulting in a conspiracy linked to fighter planes and cooked up by old men who smoke big cigars.

I love how the Dutch actors still put on a very heavy Dutch accent when they speak English. Wonder if they were instructed to do so. You know, making fun of the Dutch and how they think they speak English very well, while it's actually kind of rubbish. From what I know about the man, it would probably fit Theo and his sense of humour.

Red Dragon

Edward Norton stars in a prequel to Silence of the lambs. Here we see how his character arrests Hannibal Lecter and how he ends up in the infamous muzzle and such. Which of course is only a set up in order to have Lecter and Norton's character work together in search of a serial killer.

Edward Norton delivers a good performance and Anthony Hopkins knows by now what makes Lecter work as a character. So he plays that out, but it does not have the unique tension that the Silence of the lambs had.

The killer was established and the home video/blowjob bit was pretty messed up. Then again, the look how crazy this guy is-bits are maybe a bit overplayed.

The finale was very tense, although the bit leading up to it was a tad predictable.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:14 AM
病気の

Hypnotic, 2021. 5/10

Directors; Matt Angel, Suzanne Coote

Xpiation, 2017. 6/10

Director;Domiziano Cristopharo

Old 11-08-2021, 01:41 AM
Shadowyzard

Pickman's Muse (2010 - US): One of the best Lovecraft adaptations I've ever seen. Thrilled to discover this overlooked precious gem of a movie!!! The amalgamation of the psychotic and the occult was spectacular. Easily 9/10

On a side note, I don't seek faithfulness in adaptations. So, some others can see this as a frustrating failure too. Haunter of the Dark is one of HPL's best stories IMO, and methinks this is a deserving adaptation.

Old 11-08-2021, 02:07 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
06/05

Theo Van Gogh proved his capabilities as a filmmaker with 0605.

A solid thriller based on a political murder, something that should always be so exceptional that it causes the kind of shock and upheaval that Van Gogh captures well.

An unlikely hero just happens to be close by when it happens. Then a few things don't exactly add up, resulting in a conspiracy linked to fighter planes and cooked up by old men who smoke big cigars.

I love how the Dutch actors still put on a very heavy Dutch accent when they speak English. Wonder if they were instructed to do so. You know, making fun of the Dutch and how they think they speak English very well, while it's actually kind of rubbish. From what I know about the man, it would probably fit Theo and his sense of humour.

Red Dragon

Edward Norton stars in a prequel to Silence of the lambs. Here we see how his character arrests Hannibal Lecter and how he ends up in the infamous muzzle and such. Which of course is only a set up in order to have Lecter and Norton's character work together in search of a serial killer.

Edward Norton delivers a good performance and Anthony Hopkins knows by now what makes Lecter work as a character. So he plays that out, but it does not have the unique tension that the Silence of the lambs had.

The killer was established and the home video/blowjob bit was pretty messed up. Then again, the look how crazy this guy is-bits are maybe a bit overplayed.

The finale was very tense, although the bit leading up to it was a tad predictable.
You just got me in the mood to re-watch Manhunter. Saw it 12 years ago and did not enjoy it.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:05 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
You just got me in the mood to re-watch Manhunter. Saw it 12 years ago and did not enjoy it.
This one? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/
Old 11-09-2021, 01:56 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Yep. The original Red Dragon.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:17 AM
This is a test

THE BYE BYE MAN 2017

Bit creepy but the acting was horrible. Decent premise though and it could have been good.
Old 11-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Shadowyzard

A Classic Horror Story (2021 - Italy): Not a complete mess, but a mixed bag. The Italians disappointed me, which happens rarely in horror. Pales in comparison to The Ritual (2017), which was a similar movie (but this Italian movie differently has a flimsy ending). All these aside, the protagoness (palinpropism) did a stellar job here. 6/10

Last edited by Twieljocht; 11-09-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Tags
movie