Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-13-2005, 07:28 AM
No charge for awesomeness

It probably is. Tales from the Crypt was an awesome show! I used to watch that all the time. They had some really awesome ones on sometimes, but of course, they had their fair share of lame ones too.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:28 AM

..it was ok ..not more...reminded me of Misery
Old 01-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to LadyFrost Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFrost
The Skeleton Key

I just rented out "The Skeleton Key" and was told by omcdave prior to watching it that it was a very good movie. Well i just finised watching it, and although I was a little skeptical of Kate Hudson in a lead horror role, it turned out to be a very good movie. Not as jumpy scary as I would have thought, but it was still very good.

And there were some twists that I actually didnt see coming. But I'm a sucker for New Orleans, Ol Southern Voodoo Charm WitchCraft movies. I'm into that kind of thing. I'm more inclined to the supernatural then the serial killer. But that's just me.

I would suggest this movie to people who liked "The Craft", "The Others" and there is another movie that is similar that I would suggest but I jut can't think of the name right now.

I've also got "Hide and Seek" and "White Noise" that I'm going to be watching during the day. As I'm impatient and I dont feel like waiting until tomorrow night.

xxfrostyxx

Old 01-05-2007, 04:51 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

i really enjoyed the skeleton key.........im not saying its an excellent film i just refused to buy it so it was one of my mums blind buys....and i was surprised by it....plus john hurt is fantastic. i recomend it....i love all the hoodoo/voodoo type stuff im a big fan of the candyman films

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_linda View Post
i really enjoyed the skeleton key.........im not saying its an excellent film i just refused to buy it so it was one of my mums blind buys....and i was surprised by it....plus john hurt is fantastic. i recomend it....i love all the hoodoo/voodoo type stuff im a big fan of the candyman films
I still haven't seen "Candyman". I remember when me and my friends where still in high school (wow high school, never though I'd talk about that again) and we use to have scary movie nights, and "Candyman" was always on our list, but we never ended up renting it. I have no idea why?

But I know what you mean, I wouldn't go out and buy "The Skeleton Key" but I wouldn't complain if someone else bought it for me. It still a very good movie.

xxfrostyxx

Old 01-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Filmmaker

Send a message via AIM to BlackSunProductions
Not at all a groundbreaking film, but it was entertaining. Candyman was an enjoyable film too. We had a game like Candyman only the ghost was called Bloody Mary. At camp once we played it (look in a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" five times then turn off the lights). We would freak out every night after that at every little noise in the night.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunProductions View Post
Not at all a groundbreaking film, but it was entertaining. Candyman was an enjoyable film too. We had a game like Candyman only the ghost was called Bloody Mary. At camp once we played it (look in a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" five times then turn off the lights). We would freak out every night after that at every little noise in the night.
I think that the "Candyman" movie was actually adapted from the Bloody Mary myth/legend. Bloody Mary has been around for centuries, it was a form of "good behavour" rights for children way back when. Like so many other myths/legends/ghost stories are. Parents back then figured that scared kids are good kids. lol

xxfrostyxx

Old 01-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kreech
I thought the skeleton key was pretty bland really. I guess I had other things on my mind when i saw it in the theater a couple years ago, but I remember feeling like 'eh... i won't be telling anyone about this.' when i walked to the car afterwords. The voodoo I liked, and prefer to serial killers as well, but I don't know. I just couldn't get into it.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Banned

i thought it was terrible.
slow and predictable .. it didnt grab me in any way at all.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Evil Dead

Urgeok, I'm starting to think that it's Mission Impossible to please you with a horror films that come out in the 21st Century.

xxfrostyxx