Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Evil Dead

you should there are loads of theorys into who jack really was and they are all intresting i admit From hell does sensetionalise the theory but its still an intresting watch if you know a little background
Old 01-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
I agree with that. It also mythologizes and commercializes a series of terrible murders that a lot of people are still ignorant enough to think exist only in the movies. Alan Moore wrote the graphic novel partially with the intent to inform, but the movie completely destroyed that intent and mangled the facts. Anybody actually interested in the Whitechapel murders should check out www.casebook.org and look into this real life horror. It made the pretense of capturing the nuances of a world, but in fact mangled the setting and glamorized the life of Whitechapel prostitutes. It switched the physical descriptions of two of the victims and made a failed police inspector into a full on hero, as opposed to Moore's portrayal of him as a somewhat competent policeman. From Hell takes a real life tragedy and infuses it with Tim Burton pseudogothic. There's better stuff on the subject, better stuff in the genre and it could have just plain been better.

and also TIM BURTON HAS ABSOULUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH FROM HELL!!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:05 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawmeg View Post
and also TIM BURTON HAS ABSOULUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH FROM HELL!!!!
What to actually read what he was saying:rolleyes:

You are right, as far as I know Burton had no actual involvement with From Hell. HOWEVER, it does have some similarities to his style.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Evil Dead

it was nothing like tim burtons work which yes i am familar with

it bugs me that everything with johnny depp in it is starting to be comparaed to tim burton