#41281  
Old 03-31-2019, 11:35 PM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,467
BEST OF SEX AND VIOLENCE-1981. A great party tape! Hosted by John Carradine (very wry and dry He is), this has a lot of exploitation trailers from the late 60's-early 80's, with considerable nudity and lots of violence as well. Some of the films include BURY ME AN ANGEL, TERMINAL ISLAND (more Phyllis Davis , Marta Kristen-LOST IN SPACE-and a young Tom Selleck), DR MINX (edy Williams), THE BOOGEY MAN, DR BLACK AND MR HYDE (Bernie Casy/Rosalind Cash and probably the funniest trailer in the whole collection), I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, ZOMBIE (imagine a Double feature with those two!), TANYA'S ISLAND (early Rob Bottin and a pre-Price Vanity), EBONY IVORY AND JADE and closing with the truly outlandish Rudy Ray Moore trio DOLEMITE, THE HUMAN TORNADO and DISCO GODFATHER.
Most of this, to be sure is junk, but a lot of FUN junk. ***1/2
Reply With Quote
  #41282  
Old 04-07-2019, 11:56 AM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,577
Too Scared to Scream, 1984. 7/10

Director, Tony Lo Bianco

Thumb resize.
__________________

Happy August Underground!

The Unholy Trilogy
Reply With Quote
  #41283  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:01 PM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,467
TIN MEN (1987). Mean spirited, but funny comedy of two feuding Aluminum siding salesmen, who meet during an accident that , truth to tell, both are responsible for. Instead of working things out, they engage in a lot of one upmanship and Tit for Tat. Good support by Barbara Hershey, John Mahoney and JT Walsh. There is also sort of a connection to Me...the Redhead who plays "Social Security Operator #1"( and whose big line is to tell the pregnant woman to blow out the candles on the cake) was engaged to my Best Man for a few years and they with my wife and myself hung out quite a bit. Sadly, the engagement didn't take...lots of love, to be sure, but quite contentious at times. ***1/2
Reply With Quote
  #41284  
Old 04-09-2019, 07:28 AM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
TIN MEN (1987). Mean spirited, but funny comedy of two feuding Aluminum siding salesmen, who meet during an accident that , truth to tell, both are responsible for. Instead of working things out, they engage in a lot of one upmanship and Tit for Tat. Good support by Barbara Hershey, John Mahoney and JT Walsh. There is also sort of a connection to Me...the Redhead who plays "Social Security Operator #1"( and whose big line is to tell the pregnant woman to blow out the candles on the cake) was engaged to my Best Man for a few years and they with my wife and myself hung out quite a bit. Sadly, the engagement didn't take...lots of love, to be sure, but quite contentious at times. ***1/2
Oh, yeah, I used to date her to. She was always right, right?
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #41285  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:31 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh, yeah, I used to date her to. She was always right, right?
Most of the time, Yes. When she and my Best man finally moved in togeather after 4 years of dating/engagement, I helped out and remember telling BM's father "Let's hope all blunt objects are put away" which got a weary smile from him.
Reply With Quote
  #41286  
Old 04-14-2019, 05:53 AM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,577
Blood Nasty, 1989. 5/10

Directors: Richard Gabai, Robert Strauss

Thumb resize.
__________________

Happy August Underground!

The Unholy Trilogy
Reply With Quote
  #41287  
Old 04-19-2019, 12:12 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,467
CRAZY MAMA (1975). Another in the series of Dames with guns (others being BLOODY MAMA with Shelley Winters and BIG BAD MAMA with Angie Dickinson), this truly has moments, but just veers all over the place and good scenes before are dulled with stupid or unfunny ones shortly afterwards.
This early Jonathan Demme effort is more notable for the cast for me- Cloris Leachman is pretty good as the CM and actually pretty Hot to Trot with the gaudy outfits she wears, Ann Southren, Linda Purl (pregnant by Donn Most-Ralph Malph himself!), Stuart Whitman, Dick Miller, Jim Backus, very early roles for Dennis Quaid, Will Sampson and Bill Paxton too. Also of interest to me are two of Cloris's children are in here too, one playing the Greaser and the other "Young Melba". Decent soundtrack also, but once was enough for me. **1/2
Reply With Quote
  #41288  
Old 04-20-2019, 02:56 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is offline
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,577
Southern Comfort, 1981. 7/10

Director: Walter Hill

__________________

Happy August Underground!

The Unholy Trilogy
Reply With Quote
  #41289  
Old 04-28-2019, 01:35 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,467
THE EXTERMINATOR (1980). Vigilante movie about a Vietnam vet avenging the brutal assualt on his friend and cleaning up NYC's mean streets. Christopher George (GRIZZLY, THE GATES OF HELL) is the Cop assigned to his case with time to date Samantha Eggar (THE BROOD). Other people in the cast I noticed were Irwin Keyes (FRIDAY, THE 13th, HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES), Ned Eisenberg (plays a sleazy and usually ineffectual lawyer on LAW AND ORDER: SVU) and Louis Edmonds (TV's DARK SHADOWS).
Not bad overall, with decent turns by Robert Ginty (watch him use a TERMINATOR line a few years earlier!) and Steve James and while fun to see him deliver payback to various scum, depressing to know that people like that are really out there and NYC looks grimy as hell, especially in the Time's Square area.***
Reply With Quote
  #41290  
Old 04-28-2019, 03:25 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE EXTERMINATOR (1980). Vigilante movie about a Vietnam vet avenging the brutal assualt on his friend and cleaning up NYC's mean streets. Christopher George (GRIZZLY, THE GATES OF HELL) is the Cop assigned to his case with time to date Samantha Eggar (THE BROOD). Other people in the cast I noticed were Irwin Keyes (FRIDAY, THE 13th, HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES), Ned Eisenberg (plays a sleazy and usually ineffectual lawyer on LAW AND ORDER: SVU) and Louis Edmonds (TV's DARK SHADOWS).
Not bad overall, with decent turns by Robert Ginty (watch him use a TERMINATOR line a few years earlier!) and Steve James and while fun to see him deliver payback to various scum, depressing to know that people like that are really out there and NYC looks grimy as hell, especially in the Time's Square area.***
I say, before the internet, I'd always get these mixed up!

I thought The Exterminator was the one where a maniac captures women and kills them with a flamethrower, but that's Don't Go in the House (1979). Then the description you give of Exterminator reminds me of the 80's film "The Park is Mine". I just looked at the theatrical trailer, and I haven't seen this. It looks really exciting.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:10 AM.