#10291  
Old 04-14-2019, 12:30 PM
NightOfTheLiving_Sam's Avatar
NightOfTheLiving_Sam NightOfTheLiving_Sam is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Florida USA
Posts: 270
The Killing of a Sacred Deer 9/10

I truly loved this movie. It got inside my head and I caught onto things the middle half of the movie. Might need to watch it again so I can watch it a second time to see if there's anything I missed. Martian was truly creepy and he certainly knew how to get inside people's heads.

Reply With Quote
  #10292  
Old 04-16-2019, 11:46 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,167
Nightmare on Elm Street - Remake

I watched it again to see if it was as bad as I remember. And it is still bad. The original is a classic horror movie. The remake doesn't even come close.
Reply With Quote
  #10293  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:22 PM
DeadbeatAtDawn's Avatar
DeadbeatAtDawn DeadbeatAtDawn is online now
病気の
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Extreme Horror Cinema
Posts: 2,444
Nurse Jill, 2016. 7/10

Director: Peter Romeo Lambert

Thumb resize.
__________________
Thumb resize.
Reply With Quote
  #10294  
Old Yesterday, 04:21 AM
Bloof's Avatar
Bloof Bloof is offline
Post Mortem

 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Stuck in the 80's..
Posts: 1,411
FROZEN 2010


Three friends get trapped high up on a ski lift when the resort closes down for the night. Just about everything that could go wrong, does go wrong.

Except for the lame dialogue, it was pretty good.
Reply With Quote
  #10295  
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,071
Cape Fear (1991)
7/10

A excon (Robert DeNiro) seeks revenge against his former attorney (Nick Nolte).

Martin Scorsese's direction here is very crafty -- kind of a mix between Brain DePalma la Body Double and Hitchcock la Marnie -- and I might recommend it just for that, if you like that sort of thing. But as far as story and suspense goes, it's just alright, the same as the original film, and the ending is rather cliche, senseless and anticlimactic.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #10296  
Old Today, 12:00 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
FROZEN 2010


Three friends get trapped high up on a ski lift when the resort closes down for the night. Just about everything that could go wrong, does go wrong.

Except for the lame dialogue, it was pretty good.
I really liked this one myself...pretty suspenseful
Reply With Quote
  #10297  
Old Today, 12:04 AM
FryeDwight FryeDwight is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Cape Fear (1991)
7/10

A excon (Robert DeNiro) seeks revenge against his former attorney (Nick Nolte).

Martin Scorsese's direction here is very crafty -- kind of a mix between Brain DePalma la Body Double and Hitchcock la Marnie -- and I might recommend it just for that, if you like that sort of thing. But as far as story and suspense goes, it's just alright, the same as the original film, and the ending is rather cliche, senseless and anticlimactic.
For once, I have to respectfully disagree with You , Sculpt. The 1962 film is superlative, with tremendous performances by Mitchum and Peck (and dig Telly Savalas with hair!), but did not like the remake at all. Nick Nolte was SUCH a weasel You didn't care what happened to him and after awhile it just became a Freddy Krueger movie. As usual, the original is the one for me.
Reply With Quote
  #10298  
Old Today, 09:53 AM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
For once, I have to respectfully disagree with You , Sculpt. The 1962 film is superlative, with tremendous performances by Mitchum and Peck (and dig Telly Savalas with hair!), but did not like the remake at all. Nick Nolte was SUCH a weasel You didn't care what happened to him and after awhile it just became a Freddy Krueger movie. As usual, the original is the one for me.
I agree with you. I may written that poorly. I was simply saying the story of the remake was essentially the same story as the original, hits virtually all the same plot points, not that the remake was as good. I thought the original was better, but I did appreciate the crafty direction of the remake.
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:17 PM.