Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Undead

Angra
I watched Memories of Murder some time ago and still enjoyed it. Slow but hey, a crime drama/procedural. Have you watched the Chaser or Detective (AKA Detective C+) or the Murderer? All Korean films as well. Apparently the Chaser is set for a Leonardo DeCraprio remake possibly also starring Ryan Gosling. Ugh, I'll stick with the original. Goseling is good though.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Evil Dead

One Missed Call (2008)

It requires a special kind of stupid to make a movie this bad. This is without a doubt the worst horror movie I've ever seen, and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There are countless plot holes and inconsistencies, and it borrows heavily from The Ring; the protagonist has a certain amount of time to solve the mystery behind an urban legend before she is killed. The explanations for what was going on in the movie were so lame. Some stuff wasn't explained at all. There is also an extremely high amount of jump scares, all of which make you roll your eyes. One was so bad that the loud noise didn't match up with the "scary image". You'd think there'd at least be a little bit of tension to compensate for the lame jump scares, but there's a shortage on that too. You don't care about any of the characters because they're introduced, then killed of in about 5 minutes. You definitely want to miss this call.

F-
Old 10-21-2014, 08:05 PM
No, fuck YOU

"8mm" 7-8/10

"A Serbian Film" ultra light. (That's how you sell a movie)

Seen it several times. Quite slow paced but certainly picks up at the end.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:05 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
This.
You realize its based off real unsolved murders right? You can't just make up a killer to a crime that was never solved.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
It requires a special kind of stupid to make a movie this bad. This is without a doubt the worst horror movie I've ever seen, and one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There are countless plot holes and inconsistencies, and it borrows heavily from The Ring; the protagonist has a certain amount of time to solve the mystery behind an urban legend before she is killed. The explanations for what was going on in the movie were so lame. Some stuff wasn't explained at all. There is also an extremely high amount of jump scares, all of which make you roll your eyes. One was so bad that the loud noise didn't match up with the "scary image". You'd think there'd at least be a little bit of tension to compensate for the lame jump scares, but there's a shortage on that too. You don't care about any of the characters because they're introduced, then killed of in about 5 minutes. You definitely want to miss this call.

F-
Have you seen the original? So much better and really creepy

Old 10-22-2014, 03:30 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Have you seen the original? So much better and really creepy
I've never seen the original, and I haven't heard good things about it either.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:06 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I've never seen the original, and I haven't heard good things about it either.
Its at least better than the remake. You should check it out

Old 10-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
You realize its based off real unsolved murders right? You can't just make up a killer to a crime that was never solved.
No.
Yes, you can. It's a movie.

Based upon real events or not, I think stories with an open ending are kinda lazy.
It's like "I'm not sure how I should end this story... You know what, let them figure it out."
Old 10-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
No.
Yes, you can. It's a movie.

Based upon real events or not, I think stories with an open ending are kinda lazy.
It's like "I'm not sure how I should end this story... You know what, let them figure it out."
You're right. You can. But I think it takes away from the seriousness of the movie and the effects the real crimes had to make a movie about it and then just make up a killer. It kinda makes it seem like what happened in real life doesn't matter. Those victims weren't people and their families aren't suffering. Like its all just a game for entertainment. Just my thougts

Old 10-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
You're right. You can. But I think it takes away from the seriousness of the movie and the effects the real crimes had to make a movie about it and then just make up a killer. It kinda makes it seem like what happened in real life doesn't matter. Those victims weren't people and their families aren't suffering. Like its all just a game for entertainment. Just my thougts
I think the two idiot cops already took away some of the seriousness.
And if they would take the victims and families into account, they shouldn't have made the movie in the first place.

I didn't know the movie was based on real murders.
Wasn't mentioned in the beginning or at the end.

I just mean, I think sometimes it's better they use real events as a starting platform and then start adding things to it.
That's what they usually do with movies based on real events.

Anyway, I agree with you.
These are just some thoughts.

Tags
movie