Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Undead

J-Horror SUCKS as compared to american horror

FUCK J-HORROR. and I don't care who disagrees. I've seen about 7 and they ALL sucked.period. I just had to get that off my chest.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
The problem as I see it is that the US isn't all that discriminating about what it imports. We get just as much crap as we get good stuff from Japan, and unfortunately a lot of J horror just sells because it's J horror. But anybody who's seen Tetsuo, Ju-on, Honda's original Gojira or Odishon can't deny the merit. Finding really good J horror is as hard as finding really good contemporary horror.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:12 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
The problem as I see it is that the US isn't all that discriminating about what it imports. We get just as much crap as we get good stuff from Japan, and unfortunately a lot of J horror just sells because it's J horror. But anybody who's seen Tetsuo, Ju-on, Honda's original Gojira or Odishon can't deny the merit. Finding really good J horror is as hard as finding really good contemporary horror.

Amen

Old 07-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Amen

Damn, I was going to say that

Well, um... DITTO
Old 07-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Scares Little Kids

i totally agree...all their movies are like the freakin same and they say we're stupid? make some better j horror movies and then come talk to us geez
Old 07-15-2007, 08:20 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingred View Post
i totally agree...all their movies are like the freakin same and they say we're stupid? make some better j horror movies and then come talk to us geez

Grow up. Then get back to US.

Now be gone, peasant.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 PM
urantivirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingred View Post
All the j horror movies are all the same. I don't know if the american producers like a certain flavor of j horror. there4 thats what we get to see. but the american versions at least, are all the same. Same bad guys, and similar plots. They're all very predictable. I can think of at least a dozen or so bad guys for a movie that don't involve a little undead asian boy, or an undead women with messy long black hair. And I wouldn't make'm all walk on all fours all crazy and upside down. Well at least not everytime. Though, I did think it looked cool the first time I saw it.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by urantivirus View Post
All the j horror movies are all the same.
Wow, I wonder why only some of us have access to the ghost stories, vampire flicks (both hopping and non), serial killer stories, and many other genres that exist within the "j horror" catagory. The mind boggles.

Quote:
the american versions at least, are all the same.
Wait... are you judging J horror based on what's been remade????
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
All the j horror movies are all the same.
Wow, I didn't realize Battle Royale was the same as Audition and that was the same as Versus and that was the same as Wild Zero and that was the same as Ringu which, of course was the EXACT same thing as Death Note

Very enlightening

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Hellraiser

Some the the films can be a bit repetitive but boring, I dont think so. If thery were rubbish american film studios wouldnt want to remake them eg the ring (shit compared to the japenese original) and Ju-on