Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: How bad was Zombie's Halloween?
Really, really, really, really BAD! 0 0%
Really, really, really, fucking BAD! 1 33.33%
So fucking horrid that I wished I hadn't watched it! 0 0%
So fucking rotten that I'd rather have teeth pulled than watch this SHIT again! 0 0%
Zombie should be forced to eat 6 pounds of dogshit for making this fucking ROTTEN movie! 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloweenfreak1 View Post
what the fuck happened to my fucking thread?
Old 02-05-2007, 07:14 AM
TRY ME, I DARE YOU

Send a message via AIM to halloweenfreak1
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwoti View Post
oh.....................well fuck u guys! ( :
HALLOWEEN 2
SCREAM
HANNIBAL:SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
FRIDAY THE 13th
TEXAS CAINSAW MASSACRE
THE SHINING
HALLOWEEN H20(i just like it)
SAW
Old 02-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
I think it's good that he's changing him... Michael Myers was just a second rate Jason in the halloween movies.

Mute emotionless killer with a mask. He doesn't chase people, he walks as his victims run for a minute and then he just shows up besides them... Uses a big ol knife to kill people, so what's the difference? I think making Michael Myers less supernatural is a good idea, he's supposed to be just a psycho anyway.
let me correct you, jason was a michael who they took to the next level. Michael came first.

Also, i have said this before, I'm okay with changes but these changes are too big for me, they ruin the essence that is michael myers. Sure, he isn't gonna change it to what we want just to make us happy, sure, it's his own one, but you do see what will happen.

In ten years when people who are toddlers and young children now first discover RZ halloween, they will just think it's the real one and the early one was a shitty piece of bull crap. Alot like how people of my age (excluding me) regard films such as king kong and the blob. I just wish he would change the names and likenesses.

Let me put it this way. Many of you are ash fans. Well imagine some rock star came along and made their own evil dead where ash was a 6ft 5 body builder who had magical powers and the zombies were fifty feet high. That's what it's like for me thinking about RZH.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 02-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Evil Puppy

You're not giving people enough credit. Just because I was born in 80 doesn't mean that I think The Fly or The Thing were the original movies. I've seen the originals and the remakes and I'm sure with Halloween people will seek out the original still. When The Fly remake comes out (production is supposed to start in 08) do you think both previous films will be "ruined"? If you don't want to watch it just pop in the original and be happy with what you have. I on the other hand will watch the new one and be looking for a concept that sets it apart from the original other than more gore/different actors.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:24 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
let me correct you, jason was a michael who they took to the next level. Michael came first.

Also, i have said this before, I'm okay with changes but these changes are too big for me, they ruin the essence that is michael myers. Sure, he isn't gonna change it to what we want just to make us happy, sure, it's his own one, but you do see what will happen.
I didn't think about that because Jason is more popular. I guess I agree with you, but I really don't see it changing how people think of Michael Myers. Did 28 days later change how anyone thought of Zombies?

Old 02-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
despare, im talking about people born in the early nineties like me, when i talk about michael myers nearly all of my friends either say "who?" or bring up shrek. Whereas the fly, i didnt like the second one and i think the new one will be good.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
despare, im talking about people born in the early nineties like me, when i talk about michael myers nearly all of my friends either say "who?" or bring up shrek. Whereas the fly, i didnt like the second one and i think the new one will be good.
But you knew there was an original. You didn't like Cronenberg's but you have high hopes for the new one based on... what exactly? Who cares if people confuse the name of the movie character with the name of a real person (a real famous person at that)? If there was a killer in a movie named Johnny Travolta and you mentioned that name I would assume you meant John Travolta. Now, if you say something about Michael Myers killing people and your friends are still confused then I guess you need smarter friends.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:15 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
But you knew there was an original. You didn't like Cronenberg's but you have high hopes for the new one based on... what exactly? Who cares if people confuse the name of the movie character with the name of a real person (a real famous person at that)? If there was a killer in a movie named Johnny Travolta and you mentioned that name I would assume you meant John Travolta. Now, if you say something about Michael Myers killing people and your friends are still confused then I guess you need smarter friends.
You're showing your age Despare.

I hate to say it, but Ferret is right: Our generation is movie retarded.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
You're showing your age Despare.

I hate to say it, but Ferret is right: Our generation is movie retarded.
The people who care will always dig deep, I've watched movies from before my grandparents were born, unfortuanatly it just takes some growing up before people realise that.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:54 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
The people who care will always dig deep, I've watched movies from before my grandparents were born, unfortuanatly it just takes some growing up before people realise that.
Thats the thing though: Nobody cares anymore.