Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

maybe this was presented to you in a bad way

here's the deal ...

most people are happy to see filmmakers come into the forum and let us know what they're up to ...

its just that MANY people came come in here and either pretended to be asking information about a film (yet providing links and details) or other ruses that become insulting after a while. once or twice is no big thing but after so many it is natural to feel that it's an insult to the intelligence.

but i must say - after your last email ... you're calling criticizing forum folk elitists, while out of the other side of your mouth acting like an elitist because you make movies.

so you make movies - great for you ... i work in IT. looks like we both made a choice.

the difference is that unless you want to make movies for just other filmmakers ... which would seem more like a circle jerk than a career - then you need the people who care enough about movies (let alone indie horror films) to participate of a forum about it.

we'll always find other films to watch - we're the audience ... i think you need us a fuckload more than we need you.

thats the bitter reality.

sorry to come off strong but no offence to your self proclaimed lack of origionality - it is often the thing people like yourself shoot back back with and i think its a horrible arguement.

try to understand that everyone doesnt want to be a movie maker or directer,,etc.

yeah - its great that its what you do ... more power to you if you're happy doing it .. but dont look down on people who dont make movies and expect them not to have a voice.

anyway - there's always time to clean the slate and start fresh.
it's happened before - some folks even stayed as contributers.

and we have at least 2 people in the business here and they'll be just as hard on you if not worse as the origional guy who give you grief.

Last edited by urgeok2; 01-14-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Scares Little Kids

I totally understand what you're saying and don't want you to think I'm coming off as someone trying to get a cheap watch of a trailer or that I think I'm better than others because I make movies. I just don't like my work being judged by the way my video is marketed.

I'm not trying to scam my way into some views, I just think it's funny to play the trailer off as real. And most people believe it. That's why I'm not posting my website under it and also why there's no credits on it. I also don't want anyone to think I'm ripping on non-filmmakers, that's just ridiculous. I'm just saying don't judge any artist too quick without at least checking out their stuff.

Lastly I enjoy the site and have read a handful of threads, I just don't like people judging me based on a post that wasn't meant as malicious or deceiving. Just kinda thought it was funny. Thanks for your response urgeok2.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Cranky

If you don't want your film to be judged by the way it's marketed, don't market it in a deceitful way.

It's great you are having fun pretending the trailer is real. Is the goal of your marketing for you to have fun? For people who've seen that dozens of times before, it's not so much fun... it's just boring.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff