Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Bad Natured

Antichrist (2009). My god, that was one of the most beautifully shot movies ever. The use of focus and aggressive or unorthodox panning were sublime. The scenes themselves were splendidly crafted, with appropriate use of violence, gore, and sex. The symbolisms worked to convey the sense of psychosis that we each harbor and keep stuffed down. The story was solid, but the way in which it was told made it compelling. The acting-superb! And of course the direction was wonderful. A compelling and moving flick that has little company in the category of beautifully disturbing. Mercie beaucoup.

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:05 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Just want to be sure most of you see this.:)

"Ju-on: Old lady in white" 10/10

This is simply a must-see for all fans of creepy horror movies.

Didn't think it was possible for a horror movie to creep me out anymore. This movie almost did it from beginning to end, just like the first Ju-on, and I was flabbergasted to see this wasn't directed by Shimizu, but again by Ryûta Miyake (the guy behind the MUCH less succesful Ju-on: girl in black). But with this movie he did everything right, that he didn't managed with Girl In Black.
I seriously don't believe Shimizu could've done anything better with this movie... You don't get a bigger praise than that from me. You should be very proud Miyake.

Every time that old woman showed up..... brrrrrrr..

Neither that movie NOR Ryûta Miyake are in Netflix. :madmad:

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Neither that movie NOR Ryûta Miyake are in Netflix. :madmad:
There's always Ebay, honey. ;)
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

transylvania 6-5000
cabin fever 2
buried alive
black out
Old 03-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Misanthrope

Donkey Punch

Hated all the characters so I just couldn't get into this one. The scene with the outboard motor was cool but apart from that I thought this was just average.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Cranky

Population 436.

Shirley Jackson's The Lottery meets The Stepford Wives.
After 20 minutes you have the whole thing figured out. There are no surprizes, and no reason to watch the next 80 minutes.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Donkey Punch

Hated all the characters so I just couldn't get into this one. The scene with the outboard motor was cool but apart from that I thought this was just average.
Yep, a pretty disappointing flick.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
What version did you watch? The Aussie DVD is heavily cut.

I got it from my local video store, I think it said uncut or directors cut,but yes it was an Australian release. I returned it this morning, it's dollar day!!!! wooo hooo!!!!! What version should I see?

American swing

A fucking crap doco on plaitos the American swing club, just shot in typical American doco style with no substance at all.

There were a few nice asses hanging about in the air, but that was the only highlight.

3/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 03-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Bad Natured

The Jacket (2005). A solid entry that defies a genre, The Jacket is not to be pidgeon-holed. The DVD cover description kept me from watching this for way too long. The story itself may have a couple of holes, but this only serves to allow for more interpretations. The acting was solid, with great performances by Adien Brody, Keira Knightlely, Daniel Craig and company. In one sense, it is a combo of movies already done, but the direction makes it a fresh entry. This will prove to be a moving experience with a timeline that is both refreshing and competent. Ashe.

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Patton (1970)

Wow! George C. Scott gives one of the finest & electrifying performances as the larger-than-life Patton. Also salute to Francis Ford Coppola and Edmund H. North for the brilliant script.

>>: A

Odd Man Out (1947)

Carol Reed's another flawless piece of cinematic achievement in almost every area. Excellent cast (even in small roles) & stunning cinematography made it absolute gem of a film that stands up well today, and is definitely a highlight of not just the year it was released, but that whole 'film noir' decade as a whole. To some extent I even think, it's superior to The Third Man.

>>: A

A Cold Night's Death (1973)

Scientists Culp and Wallach suspect that there is someone other than their research primates inhabiting their polar station.

An excellent TV movie from ABC. The bleak snowbound atmosphere and palpable anxiety between the two characters seems to be familiar with John Carpenter's THE THING, but here the action is almost exclusively psychological and there's nothing and nobody around to break the formidable tension. It's really astonishing how much is done with so little in this gem, just two men slowly unraveling a chilling mystery in a creepy research station.

>>: A-

When Night Falls (2007)

A slow burn low budget suspense thriller from New Zealand. Not bad.

>>: C+

Last edited by roshiq; 03-02-2010 at 03:21 AM.