Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 AM
For Vendetta

New Terminator trilogy

May 10, 2007

“The Terminator” series is set for a major rehaul with a new production company signing on to make the next batch of movies. In short, what this means is that the character of John Connor (no doubt set to be played a different actor; the third person to play that part, excluding the guy that briefly played older John) will be present in the next three films, but Schwarzenegger’s iconic cyborg character will most likely be missing.

This is bound to upset the stick-in-the-mud fans of the Schwarzenegger series – in particular, AB King – but without the Governator front and centre in the next chapter (he’s too damn busy), it’s ostensibly the only way to go. And, the trend to ‘reboot’ is in right now, after all.

The Halcyon Company announced today the acquisition of all the “Terminator” franchise rights. These rights include the right to produce any future “Terminator” films, as well as all future merchandising and licensing rights, certain future revenues derived from “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines”, as well as certain rights in the television project “The Sarah Connor Chronicles” and the sole right to produce all future “Terminator” projects in any new or existing media.

The Halcyon Company is a recently formed, privately financed, film development, production and financing company, headed by co-CEOs Derek Anderson and Victor Kubicek. "The Terminator franchise represents by far the most popular and successful franchise not owned by a major studio," said Mr. Kubicek. "While we have several other projects in the works, we see this global franchise as a cornerstone of Halcyon's future business plans."

“Terminator 4” will be based on a script by John Brancato and Michael Ferris and is envisioned to be the first film in a new Terminator trilogy. Halcyon plans to immediately begin pre-production on the new film.

While as yet no distribution agreement has been set, Halcyon anticipates that T4 will be ready for release in the first half of 2009, if not earlier.

Moritz Borman, the Executive Producer of “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” as well as the then-CEO of Intermedia Films (the co-production financial partner for T3), is slated to produce the new “Terminator 4” film as well as being an integral member of the branding and licensing team. Kubicek and Anderson will co-produce.

Moritz Borman stated, "With T3, we included many incidental details and plot points that, along with the main narrative, set the stage for an entirely new set of inter-related stories covering the future adventures of John Connor and the Terminators. This new Terminator trilogy will build upon the already huge worldwide Terminator fan base, which was both revitalized and expanded with the global success of T3."

Anderson said, "We also plan to maximize the potential of the Terminator franchise by entering into strategic relationships with world class merchandising and licensing partners. By quickly pursuing and finalizing these new opportunities, we are confident that all of these ventures can be completed in time to fully maximize their value by coinciding with the first of the new Terminator's release."

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200705...terminato.html
Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Terminator isnt Terminator without arnie.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-10-2007, 07:15 AM
For Vendetta

I hear ya, Moth.

First Sarah Connor, now the Terminator itself...

Who knows what this new trilogy is gonna be like?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Hmmmmmm......I don't see this working too well, but again, I will try to keep an open mind. :) Though I wasn't even really a big fan of Terminator 3 to be honest, I just don't where they can go with this.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Evil Dead

terrible idea
Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Tonight's the nght.

I hope they don't mess it up.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:09 AM
For Vendetta

I am skeptical about it. They will probably use the same Terminator endoskeleton which has been a hallmark of the trilogy. It will be interesting to see which actor would play it.

Halcyon has said they would be using digital images of Schwarzenegger from the previous 3 movies. As regards the new Terminators, nothing has been disclosed so far.

May 11, 2007

Arnold Schwarzenenger will be seen in the next Terminator movie, after all! But don’t do back flips just yet, fans…

Representatives for Halcyon, the studio that recently acquired the rights to the Terminator franchise, tell EW the Austrian Oak has granted the company permission to use his likeness in the film.

“We’ll be using computer altered stock images of Arnold. That way we can span his entire career, from the frightening 80’s era Terminator to the ice cool T2 version”, says Halycon’s Derek Anderson.

Annabelle Gross, Schwarzenegger ’s rep, hinted further involvement in the series. “He’s signed on as Executive Producer for all three pictures, and we are in talks for further appearance licenseing”.

It’s believed that Schwarzenegger may be considering an offer from the studio to provide his facial features in the form of a cast.

“Terminator 4” will revolve around a thirty-something John Connor doing battle with the endoskeleton son-of-a-bitches.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200705...ext_three.html
Old 05-11-2007, 03:02 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
Terminator isnt Terminator without arnie.
got it right in one!

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 05-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I
Arnold Schwarzenenger will be seen in the next Terminator movie, after all! But don’t do back flips just yet, fans…

“We’ll be using computer altered stock images of Arnold. That way we can span his entire career, from the frightening 80’s era Terminator to the ice cool T2 version”, says Halycon’s Derek Anderson.

[/url]
thats lame as hell. why cant he just take a little time to act again! damn governor.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:40 AM
For Vendetta

Now that Arnie will be exec-producer of the next trilogy, and there will be (obviously) throwbacks to the first 3 movies, I admit I am more than thrilled about this...much more than I was yesterday. The Governator is at the end of his term pretty soon...so there is a very good chance he ll pop up in this trilogy...

As far as the style of Cameron is concerned...I dont think anyone can match the original or T2. But then lets wait and see.