Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-07-2003, 08:19 AM
Hellraiser

Revenge of the Living Zombies

Directed by NOTLD 68's Cemetary Zombie(Bill Hinzman), I couldn't believe that I had completely forgotten about this since I saw it in the very early 90's. I just so happened to run into it some time ago, and snatched it from the shelf as quickly as I could for 2$(I just recently saw just one copy on Amazon on sale for almost 300 bucks!~)

Anyway, to jump into the story a bit, this is not your typical zombie rompous. If one didn't know better, you would think you're watching an unofficial remake of NOTLD '68. Instead of radiation that starts the dead returning to life and attacking the living, it deals with a satanic theme.

A bunch of college kids are on a hay-ride in the woods, when a man clearing his land with a tractor accidently runs into a shallow grave. Wouldn't you know that after he clears away the leaves, reads some satanic scripture, and uncovers the grave only to find a zombified Bill Hinzman, the zombie plauge is then unleased on a bunch of back-woods kids and their friends?

It sounds cheesey, and it is, bit it's one of the best surprises to come along in a great while. A great score, some kick-ass gore, and a very very atmospheric laiden premise. I have the fully uncut version that shows everything, so if you can by some chance get the uncut version, please do so. This film has a few other aka's such as 'Flesheater', and 'Zombie Nosh', both of which are cut...I think.

If you like naked women along with your zombies, you'll like this. And how many zombie films is there where a zombie walks into someones suburban home and kills them naked...while just exiting the shower?'Revenge of the Living Zombies'...if you're a zombie fan, you can't go wrong.

...all the best horror movies, and the others too.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:48 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Is this the one where some kids are getting ready to go trick-or-treating and the doorbell rings and Bill Hinzman is waiting at the door and he eats the little girl when she opens it? If so, I think it was called Flesheater when I saw it.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Hellraiser

Right on the money Avengersoul...!~

The little girl was actually the real-life daughter of Hinzman, while the actress playing her mother was also her reali life mother.

I had the hunch while watching, but never realaborated on it until looking up the film on IMDB.

Nonetheless, it's great to know that someone else has seen this movie! I seem to be only one over at L-D who has had the privelage of watching it.

Old 12-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to big black
you can get it for 20$ at bn.com. I think I might buy it...
Old 12-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Hellraiser

Big Black,

I highly suggest picking it up, then if again, you buy it, and despise it, I'll let you by with no free head shots.

Old 12-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Evil Dead

I dont own this movie.. but I do own the original movie poster.. the poster is awesome, great artwork

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-14-2003, 07:32 PM
Hellraiser

Ritualistic,

Buy it dude....buy it!~

Disclaimer: Not responsible for other peoples trauma during the viewing of my reccomendations:) :D

Old 12-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_Zombie
Ritualistic,

Buy it dude....buy it!~

Disclaimer: Not responsible for other peoples trauma during the viewing of my reccomendations:) :D
when I get the cash I definately will
thanx man..

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Evil Dead

Finally got around to watching the DVD. It was better than I was expecting, actually. Basically a rehash of NOTLD, but then again, what the hell did I expect. Lots of nudity and a really annoying guy doing a bad Lugosi imitation. Plus, there's even a zombie pizza commercial that Hinzman directed.